Author Topic: Kinzinger ‘frustrated’ by DOJ’s pace handling Jan. 6  (Read 326 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kinzinger ‘frustrated’ by DOJ’s pace handling Jan. 6
« on: June 30, 2022, 02:40:49 pm »
by Judy Kurtz - 06/30/22 10:27 AM ET

Rep. Adam Kinzinger says he’s “frustrated” by the pace of indictments coming from the Justice Department related to the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol.

“I’m frustrated at the speed,” the Illinois Republican, one of two GOP lawmakers on the House select committee investigating last year’s attack, told Stephen Colbert during a Wednesday appearance on CBS’s “The Late Show.”

“I know they have a job to do,” Kinzinger said of the department led by Attorney General Merrick Garland.

Critics have accused the Justice Department of dragging its feet in acting on the House’s criminal referrals of Mark Meadows and Dan Scavino, the White House chief of staff and social media director, respectively, under former President Trump. The Justice Department declined to charge Meadows and Scavino with contempt of Congress.

“I am frustrated that for instance, Mark Meadows, and Dan Scavino have refused to come in and talk to Congress,” Kinzinger said.

The Jan. 6 committee, he said, has “the power of subpoena, similar to what a court has.”

“And the Justice Department has failed to indict them for that. And so all it does is send a message you just have to resist the select committee and you may be able to resist all penalties,” Kinzinger told Colbert.

“That’s been a frustration,” he said.

“We have these two investigations — and again, I don’t know what Justice is doing or not doing — but assuming they’re investigating, we have our investigation that’s very public. This all kind of feeds together,” Kinzinger said during his late-night TV interview.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/3542568-kinzinger-frustrated-by-dojs-pace-handling-jan-6/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Kinzinger ‘frustrated’ by DOJ’s pace handling Jan. 6
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 03:00:11 pm »
He's frustrated that the DOJ is not acting as transparently, nakedly, political as the J6 kangaroo committee is acting?

I'm just surprised that the DOJ still appears to have a scruple or two that the J6 committee gave up at its inception.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Kinzinger ‘frustrated’ by DOJ’s pace handling Jan. 6
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 03:08:48 pm »

Just think....  Only 105 days until this whiney, crying son of a bitch whimpers back to Illinois to obscurity.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.