Author Topic: Texas AG Ken Paxton: Pre-Roe Abortion Laws ‘100 Percent in Effect’  (Read 794 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by Emily Wilkerson June 29, 2022

With the recent news of Roe v. Wade being overturned, a Harris County judge froze the pre-Roe laws criminalizing abortion in Texas.

After Roe v. Wade was overturned by the Supreme Court, different abortion clinics asked the courts to put a temporary pause on the pre-Roe law that would essentially make abortion illegal in Texas.

A Harris County judge granted the temporary pause on Tuesday, leading Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton to say the laws outlawing abortion are still “100% in effect & constitutional.” Paxton added that he would immediately appeal the decision.

Attorney General Ken Paxton
@KenPaxtonTX

Today a Harris County judge froze pre-Roe laws criminalizing abortion in TX. But w/ SCOTUS’s Dobbs decision, these laws are 100% in effect & constitutional. The judge’s decision is wrong. I’m immediately appealing. I’ll ensure we have all the legal tools to keep TX pro-life!

As abortionists continue to cling to their abortion tables, there are still laws that weren’t ruled on that could still prosecute anyone who performs an abortion.

Texas Right to Life says Chapter 19 of the Texas Penal Code, which prohibits homicide, does not apply to the death of an unborn child if the conduct is a “lawful medical procedure.” However, because of the overturning of Roe v. Wade and no subsequent repeals of Texas law, abortion is no longer a lawful medical procedure in the state.

“Although some government officials are temporarily blocked from enforcing the pre-Roe statutes against certain abortion facilities, the law is still valid and abortion is no longer a ‘lawful medical procedure,’” noted Texas Right to Life attorney Emily Cook. “This means that abortion is considered homicide under the Texas Penal Code and can be prosecuted as such.”

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/texas-ag-ken-paxton-pre-roe-abortion-laws-100-percent-in-effect/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Ken Paxton is 100% correct on all counts!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

Yet another consequence of Libs’ & Progs’ over-confident feckless failure to remove state laws made non-effective by Roe.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.