Author Topic: Justice Breyer has sent a letter to President Biden informing him that his retirement  (Read 934 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Bring on the woman who doesn't know what a woman is. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Justice Breyer has sent a letter to President Biden informing him that his retirement will be effective 24 hours from now: at noon on Thursday, June 30.

And now the process for replacing Justice Bryer should begin!  Oh! Wait!

Nevermind!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Meh, replacing one meddlesome lib/prog with another, albeit substantially less intelligent, lib/prog.

I have a feeling that Ms. Brown Jackson will become the source of much amusement and merriment on the bench - the class clown, if you will.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Don't fail to see the significance of the precedent that's been set here.  A SC Justice no longer has to retire with a date certain prior to the cofirmation of his or her replacement.  What stops a Party from lining up justices-in-waitng for years --- especially if they're about to lose the Senate majority?

« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 08:54:24 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Don't fail to see the significance of the precedent that's been set here.  A SC Justice no longer has to retire with a date certain prior to the cofirmation of his or her replacement.  What stops a Party from lining up justices-in-waitng for years --- especially if they're about to lose the Senate majority?
Yep, Yep, Yep.

As far as I see it, there has been no confirmation of a new Justice as there has yet to be a vacancy on the court.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington