Author Topic: California DOJ Data Leak Revealed Names, Addresses of All the State’s Concealed Carry Permit Holders  (Read 1012 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
California DOJ Data Leak Revealed Names, Addresses of All the State’s Concealed Carry Permit Holders

AWR Hawkins 29 Jun 2022

A California Department of Justice (DOJ) data leak Monday revealed names, addresses, ages, and other information related to the state’s concealed carry permit holders.

The Los Angeles Times reports that the leak was tied to the DOJ Firearms Dashboard.

The Fresno County Sheriff’s Office noted the type of information released:

This public site allows access to certain information, however, personal information of concealed carry weapon permit holders is not supposed to be visible. This includes, but is not limited to a person’s name, age, address, Criminal Identification Index number and license type (Standard, Judicial, Reserve and Custodial).

The office of California Attorney General Rob Bonta said, “We are investigating an exposure of individuals’ personal information connected to the DOJ Firearms Dashboard. Any unauthorized release of personal information is unacceptable. We are working swiftly to address this situation and will provide additional information as soon as possible.”

The Reload notes that they “reviewed a copy of the Los Angeles County database and found 244 judge permits listed in the database.”

The viewable information included “the home addresses, full names, and dates of birth for all of them.”

Breitbart News reported that state of California “accidentally” released the private information of nearly 3,500 firearms instructors in October 2016.

Fox News pointed out that the information on “3,424 firearms instructors” was inadvertently released in response to a Freedom of Information Act request. The information contained “dates of birth, driver’s license numbers and California identification numbers.”

On December 28, 2016 — over two months after that release of information was discovered — “the California Department of Justice sent out a letter to all of the Golden State’s instructors letting them know their personal information had been compromised.”

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2022/06/29/california-doj-data-leak-revealed-names-addresses-all-states-concealed-carry-permit-holders/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

I'm sure it was purely an honest accident!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

The California Department of Justice briefly published the home address information of every concealed carry permit holder in the state on Monday.

Firearms policy publication The Reload surveyed the tool’s Los Angeles County data, finding that 244 permit holders were authorized to carry as judges.

The database contained the home addresses of the judges, a potential security threat. ...

After reporting on the database on Tuesday, the utility went offline, suggesting the release of personally identifiable information could’ve been unintended or a mistake.

“Vindictive sore loser bureaucrats have endangered people’s lives and invited conflict by illegally releasing confidential private information,” California Rifle and Pistol Association President Chuck Michel told The Reload after the leak.  ...
Western Journal
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

Much as I dislike Bonta, I suspect this was the act of a lower-level IT type in reaction to the recent USSC decision. Kind of akin to pols encouraging anti-Pro-Life vandalism and violence.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

So, the criminals know who NOT to attack?
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline PeteS in CA

So, the criminals know who NOT to attack?

Given the regularity of would-be robbers getting surprise greetings at gun stores, that might be a degree of intelligence many criminals lack.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Note:  Some locations will contain more than one.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

One ironic aspect of this arrogant bureaucratic idiocy is that many whose identity and address were exposed are police officers, security people, and court officials. Not the safest people for gun-hating thug-wannabes to be going after.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington