Author Topic: Newsom has a plan to keep the lights on in California — using fossil fuels  (Read 471 times)

rebewranger

Newsom has a plan to keep the lights on in California — using fossil fuels
Sammy Roth - Yesterday 11:40 PM

Acontroversial plan from Gov. Gavin Newsom would reshape how business is done on the California power grid, potentially helping to extend the life of beachfront gas plants and the Diablo Canyon nuclear plant, making it easier for solar and wind farm developers to sidestep local government opposition, and limiting environmental reviews for all kinds of energy projects.

State lawmakers could vote as early as Wednesday night on the polarizing legislation, whose text was revealed late Sunday.

The bill would give the Department of Water Resources unprecedented authority to build or buy energy from any facility that can help keep the lights on during the next few summers — including polluting diesel generators and four gas-fired power plants along the Southern California coast that were originally supposed to close in 2020 but were rescued by state officials.

Those decisions would be exempt from the normal public input process under the California Environmental Quality Act — and from approval by agencies such as the California Coastal Commission and local air quality management districts.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/newsom-has-a-plan-to-keep-the-lights-on-in-california-using-fossil-fuels/ar-AAYYNqT?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=9173bc7dc04f4fbd819f5a2a5baa9ae9

Offline Kamaji

In other words, another tacit admission that so-called "green" energy just doesn't cut it.

Rank hypocrisy.

rebewranger

In other words, another tacit admission that so-called "green" energy just doesn't cut it.

Rank hypocrisy.

I'm sure his staff is writing an article praising him for being brave and always willing to do what it takes to take care of Mejifornians, no  matter what the potential consequences.  In other words, he would be a great POTUS. 8888huh

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I'm sure his staff is writing an article praising him for being brave and always willing to do what it takes to take care of Mejifornians, no  matter what the potential consequences.  In other words, he would be a great POTUS. 8888huh
There is no smoke and mirrors here, Noisome and his policies have done enormous damage to California and driven out Corporations, businesses and higher income workers depleting the tax base while importing hundreds of thousand more leaches and homeless. All of this malarkey he's pulling right now is because he knows he will lose a tremendous amount of votes(he really has no support outside of democrat elites) which will negatively impact his residential aspirations.

In other words he is typical democrat slime that really doesn't care about the stinking proletariat.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
In a classic case of when realty bites I'm surprised a rat like Gov good hair just didn't burry his hair in the sand?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Saving the childrens' future is not as important as saving his own political future.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 05:31:41 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
There is no smoke and mirrors here, Noisome and his policies have done enormous damage to California and driven out Corporations, businesses and higher income workers depleting the tax base while importing hundreds of thousand more leaches and homeless. All of this malarkey he's pulling right now is because he knows he will lose a tremendous amount of votes(he really has no support outside of democrat elites) which will negatively impact his residential aspirations.

In other words he is typical democrat slime that really doesn't care about the stinking proletariat.
:yowsa:  pointing-up
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.