Author Topic: NATO to move 300,000 troops to high alert over Russia threat  (Read 460 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by Ryan Morgan  June 28, 2022

The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) is preparing to increase its high alert force size to 300,000 troops in response to Russia’s military aggression along the eastern edge of the alliance.

In a press conference on Monday ahead of a summit of alliance members in Madrid, Spain, NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said alliance members will discuss ways to bolster their defenses in the eastern flank of the alliance, including increasing troops.

“At the Summit, we will strengthen our forward defenses,” Stoltenberg said. “We will enhance our battlegroups in the eastern part of the Alliance up to brigade levels. We will transform the NATO Response Force and increase the number of our high readiness forces to well over 300,000.”

Increasing the NATO Response Force (NRF) to 300,000 troops is a major mobilization move from current levels. The NRF currently consists of around 40,000 troops from various NATO member nations. The plan laid out would therefore require nearly eight times as many troops from NATO member nations to be moved into this high-readiness force.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/06/nato-to-move-300000-troops-to-high-alert-over-russia-threat/

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: NATO to move 300,000 troops to high alert over Russia threat
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 11:33:23 pm »
This is not good.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 11:34:58 pm »
This is not good.

No not at all and I think it is indicative of getting closer to a WW.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2022, 11:44:20 pm »
No not at all and I think it is indicative of getting closer to a WW.
Seems like it. I'm sure China is happy to stir up as much conflict in Europe as they possibly can, to distract from their aggression toward Taiwan, Indonesia, and essentially the entire South China Sea.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2022, 12:28:04 am »
Seems like it. I'm sure China is happy to stir up as much conflict in Europe as they possibly can, to distract from their aggression toward Taiwan, Indonesia, and essentially the entire South China Sea.

Of course China will; Joe has made us very weak.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.