Author Topic: Bidenflation: Analysts Say Bed Bath & Beyond Turning Down A/C, Closing Early to Cut Costs  (Read 918 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bidenflation: Analysts Say Bed Bath & Beyond Turning Down A/C, Closing Early to Cut Costs

Amy Furr 28 Jun 2022

First inflation heated up. Now Bed Bath & Beyond stores may be hotter too.

Bed Bath and Beyond (BBBY) is cutting hours and scaling back on air conditioning as inflation persists, according to a note from analysts covering the company for Bank of America.

“From our channel checks and store visits, we believe that BBBY is trying to quickly trim expenses to align costs with comp declines,” the analysts said in a note to clients:

Labor hours have been meaningfully cut, utilities (e.g. air conditioning) have been scaled back and store opening hours will be reduced starting in July (e.g. open at 11am instead of 10am). Remodels are being cancelled or delayed. We expect mgmt. to announce more store closures and halt its buybuy BABY store openings (vs. consensus est. 21 this year per Visible Alpha). BBBY‘s Beyond+ rewards program is being replaced with “Welcome Rewards.“

In April, the company was unable to resolve supply problems in its final quarter, saying the issues would continue into the upcoming year, according to the Associated Press (AP).

“It also reported a surprise loss in a quarter when many other retailers booked surging profits,” the outlet said. “The retailer has been unable to secure popular merchandise and it’s dragging down sales. For the three months ended Feb. 26, sales fell 22% to $2.05 billion.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/06/28/bidenflation-analysts-say-bed-bath-beyond-dialing-back-a-c-closing-early-cut-costs/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

I really am saddened by all the brick and mortar stores that are struggling or out of business. I read that Kohls is the next to go.  So other than a few little shops around here and Target which has a limited selection there's no where to buy clothing other than on Amazon.  Last time I bought clothing from Amazon (my daughter had picket out a few things for her b'day) I had to return every single item.  The quality was horrendous and the fit was just as bad.

Gone are the days of spending an afternoon having lunch and then going shopping.  Sad. Sad. Sad.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 10:31:00 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Bad, bad move, BB&B.  Melted wax that used to be intricately carved candles won't sell worth a crap.  Maybe they stopped selling those years ago, I dunno because I haven't been in one in ages.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

Bad, bad move, BB&B.  Melted wax that used to be intricately carved candles won't sell worth a crap.  Maybe they stopped selling those years ago, I dunno because I haven't been in one in ages.

There's one here... But I don't remember that I have ever set foot in it...  :shrug:

Offline Kamaji

I went to the grocery store this evening, and at 9pm they turned some of the overhead lights off - grocery shopping by mood lighting.  I'm quite certain they did that to save on the electric bill.

Offline Hoodat

Maybe they shouldn't have put politics ahead of business.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I went to the grocery store this evening, and at 9pm they turned some of the overhead lights off - grocery shopping by mood lighting.  I'm quite certain they did that to save on the electric bill.

@Kamaji

Some grocery stores do that to try to coerce customers to hurry up and get out of the store (so they can close on time). Do it quite often in these parts.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Kamaji

@Kamaji

Some grocery stores do that to try to coerce customers to hurry up and get out of the store (so they can close on time). Do it quite often in these parts.

The store in question doesn’t close until 11pm, and has never done the light thing before.  This is new. 

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
There's one here... But I don't remember that I have ever set foot in it...  :shrug:
I haven't been in one in at least ten years, and that was just to pass through it taking my grandson to a trampoline venue. I found them overpriced and full of crap, they didn't have anything I could find cheaper elsewhere and have been circling the drain for a while now.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
BB&B just fired their CEO. 

Mike Lindell is a happy man today. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.