Author Topic: "Big rig man' Clarence Thomas gets away from it all  (Read 2016 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"Big rig man' Clarence Thomas gets away from it all
« on: June 28, 2022, 07:41:12 pm »
"Big rig man' Clarence Thomas gets away from it all
Washington Examiner, Jun 27, 2022, Paul Bedard

[Snip]

Thomas wasn’t always his own chief mechanic, but thanks to a lot of friendly RV owners he’s met at campgrounds and truckers at Walmart parking lots and Pilot Flying J truck stops, he’s learned how to fix his rolling home and about the country and its people along the way.

In the book of interviews, Thomas said he never traveled much as a poor child in Georgia. Then, over 20 years ago, a friend encouraged him to see the country by mobile home, and he’s never looked back.  [...]

While it’s been reported that he takes summer trips in his RV, it is in the interviews for the book released this week that both Clarence and Ginni Thomas opened up about their love of being on the road. They’ve been to nearly 40 states over 20 years, often meeting people who don’t have a clue he’s a judge or that she’s a political lawyer and activist.

Thomas tries to keep it on the down-low, but he’s sometimes recognized, even at truck stops.

“So I’m in there with big truckers, the 18-wheelers. I think it was a Pilot truck stop in Pennsylvania,” Thomas recalled. "And you have to go through a process — you put on your fueling gloves, and you have to kick the tires. I never figured that out, but you do it because you’re a professional. I was walking to pay, and this black trucker comes over. He looks at me, and says, ‘You that judge?’ And I said, 'Yeah.’ I said, ‘Shhhh! Don’t tell anyone.’ And he said, ‘Wow. You know, I heard you a big rig man like us, but I didn’t think I’d ever meet you.’”

More:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/washington-secrets/big-rig-man-clarence-thomas-gets-away-from-it-all

Re: "Big rig man' Clarence Thomas gets away from it all
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 07:47:55 pm »
He spends his vacations taking in the natural beauty of the country and meeting its people.

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 07:54:13 pm »
In the book of interviews .....

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2022, 07:57:43 pm »
I like that. I mean, as far as RVs go, that thing is super-deluxe in the clouds.... But at some level, it gets him out of the DC bubble and out among the working people. That can be nothing but good for his perspective... Keeping him grounded.  :beer:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2022, 08:53:55 pm »
Man, I'd love to run into him in an RV campground.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2022, 09:07:27 pm »
That isn't just any "RV" that Justice Thomas has.
It's a full-sized Prevost bus.
About 40-45' long, with a price tag to match (look 'em up online).

I believe he even went to a [bus] driver training school for his commercial license...

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2022, 09:27:43 pm »
If the world was fair Joe Biden would be working as an RV dump station attendant.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2022, 09:33:09 pm »
If the world was fair Joe Biden would be working as an RV dump station attendant.

:thumbsup:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2022, 09:59:59 pm »
If the world was fair Joe Biden would be working as an his RV dump station attendant.

There, fixed it for ya.  happy77
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2022, 10:19:22 pm »
He has a Prevost. I’m trying not to be jealous.
For all you've given Lord, I stand amazed.
Salvation covers me, forever changed!
In all I could not be, You met every need!
My sin, my broken life, Your cross, Your sacrifice
My hopelessness, my shame, Your faithfulness,  Your grace
The greatest mystery, Your awesome love for me.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2022, 10:25:53 pm »
He has a Prevost. I’m trying not to be jealous.

I just looked it up, a cost of a new Prevost is over $2.5 million dollars.  Some of us can afford to travel in luxury, some of can't afford to travel so luxuriously and some of us can't afford to travel at all.   :shrug:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2022, 10:29:04 pm »
I just looked it up, a cost of a new Prevost is over $2.5 million dollars.  Some of us can afford to travel in luxury, some of can't afford to travel so luxuriously and some of us can't afford to travel at all.   :shrug:

It's the why of it... Even if I had the money, ain't no way I'd own something like that. BUT... Different strokes... I get it. Just ain't my thing.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2022, 10:30:02 pm »

I read that his is a 1992, so it would’ve cost considerably less.
We have had to drastically limit our camping excursions this year. Staying within the state.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2022, 10:34:42 pm »
It's the why of it... Even if I had the money, ain't no way I'd own something like that. BUT... Different strokes... I get it. Just ain't my thing.

If I were to ever own a Prevost, it would be my only home. I do enjoy the camping life, but that would be glamping.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2022, 10:39:03 pm »

I'm a little too old to be laying on the ground, but I used to love camping out in a tent.  Not in a campground, but in the middle of nowhere.  (Mt. Denali in the winter was an experience).
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 10:40:42 pm by libertybele »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2022, 10:40:48 pm »
If I were to ever own a Prevost, it would be my only home. I do enjoy the camping life, but that would be glamping.

I camp all the time.. And that darlin, is a couple orders of magnitude above merely glamping.  :laugh:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2022, 10:45:29 pm »
I'm a little too old to be laying on the ground, but I used to love camping out in a tent.  Not in a campground, but in the middle of nowhere.  (Mt. Denali in the winter was an experience).

I know. It is getting to me too... I have been rerigging for a year now... buying into overlanding more than walking off. Don't get me wrong, I WANT to walk off, the mind says I can... But the body is in strict denial. Maybe someday.

But for now, been working on a doghouse for the back of the truck... heavy to solar and propane... And lawn chairs and tables... and an awning...

And figuring out the doghouse really ain't enough.... Been kicking around the idea of finding a 22 footer - something in a tandem axle, but not much bigger... At least it will get me back out there.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2022, 10:54:37 pm »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2022, 06:03:44 pm »
Sotomayor on Clarence Thomas .... (Video)

https://youtu.be/lFcIB7Jhv5o

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2022, 06:08:22 pm »
This is more information and detail that should not be disseminated to the public.

Left wing assassins are likely more prevalent out there than we realize.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 06:10:35 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2022, 06:19:50 pm »
This is more information and detail that should not be disseminated to the public.

Left wing assassins are likely more prevalent out there than we realize.

My worry as well.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2022, 06:30:01 pm »
My worry as well.

Hard to know what to even say about this. I've seen so much vitriol posted against this man in the past few weeks. Of course, it'd be an easy way for liberals to retake the majority of the court.

Have we come to that?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2022, 06:31:39 pm »
Hard to know what to even say about this. I've seen so much vitriol posted against this man in the past few weeks. Of course, it'd be an easy way for liberals to retake the majority of the court.

Have we come to that?

Sadly, we have. Our opposition is ruthless in it's quest for domination.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2022, 06:45:20 pm »
Sadly, we have. Our opposition is ruthless in it's quest for domination.

:yowsa: They will stop at nothing.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien