Author Topic: SNOW PLOWS WON’T HAVE PASSES AT GLACIER NATIONAL PARK OPEN BEFORE JULY 4; SUNSHINE VILLAGE OFFERS SU  (Read 376 times)

rebewranger

SNOW PLOWS WON’T HAVE PASSES AT GLACIER NATIONAL PARK OPEN BEFORE JULY 4; SUNSHINE VILLAGE OFFERS SUMMER SKIING FOR FIRST TIME IN 31 YEARS; ANTARCTICA -5.1C BELOW 1979-2000 BASE; + PROPOSED BIOFUELS CAP REJECTED AT G7, DESPITE GLOBAL FOOD CRISIS
JUNE 28, 2022 CAP ALLON

SNOW PLOWS WON’T HAVE PASSES AT GLACIER NATIONAL PARK OPEN BEFORE JULY 4

Snow clearing crews at Glacier National Park have only just gotten through Logan’s Pass. And much to the chagrin of visitors, Going-to-the-Sun Road won’t be cleared anytime soon, even as the calendar approaches July.

Since records began, Going-to-the-Sun has experienced only five openings in the month of July: these were July 1, 2007 and July 2, 2008 (solar minimum of cycle 23), July 10, 1943 (solar min of cycle 17) , July 13, 2011 (the very start of the space-age-record-weak solar cycle 24), and July 15, 1933 (solar min of cycle 16)–that last one, however -July 15, 1933- was the date of the road’s official opening and so wasn’t necessarily due to a large snowpack.

https://electroverse.net/glacier-national-park-snowpack-sunshine-village-summer-skiing-antarctica-5-1c-below-avg-biofuels-cap/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Big news here:  There's snow at Glacier National Park.  We're doomed!!!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

This is much ado about nothing. Going to the Sun Road is seldom open in the first two weeks of June, often open in the last two weeks of June... They're at the Big Drift right now, which is over the top of the hump, which is not that far off of normal.

meh.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Glo Bull warming's a bitch!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

FURTHERMORE... You can't have it both ways The big snowfall is going to do wonders for the so-called 'disappearing' glaciers - They will be robust this year, which means they will melt off less, which means they will survive in a bigger state going into the next winter... GROWING glaciers. Go figger.