Author Topic: Time: Exploit the Ocean to Build Our Green Future  (Read 403 times)

rebewranger

Time: Exploit the Ocean to Build Our Green Future
« on: June 25, 2022, 05:47:47 pm »
Time: Exploit the Ocean to Build Our Green Future
18 seconds ago Eric Worrall No Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

Time Magazine painting a glorious green vision of massive exploitation of unspoilt marine wilderness to build our renewable energy powered future.

The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort

BY ELIJAH WOLFSON | MAP BY KYLA MANDEL AND LON TWEETEN

JUNE 23, 2022 7:00 AM EDT

Rain forests may be known as the planet’s lungs, but it’s when standing before the seas, with their crashing waves and ceaselessly cycling tides, that we feel the earth breathe. The ocean, say scientists, is the source of all life on earth. It is also, say philosophers, the embodiment of life’s greatest terror: the unknown and uncontrollable.

This duality has become increasingly manifest in the climate discourse of recent years, as ice melts, seas rise, and shores everywhere face storms of a ferocity unseen in living memory. But even as the ocean has become the subject of hand-wringing over what we’ve wrought, it has also become a keystone of hope that we may limit the damage if we act now.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/06/25/time-mine-the-ocean-to-build-our-green-future/

rebewranger

Re: Time: Exploit the Ocean to Build Our Green Future
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2022, 05:49:01 pm »
So, you  can exploit anything in nature as long as liberalism approves. *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Re: Time: Exploit the Ocean to Build Our Green Future
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2022, 01:45:26 am »
shores everywhere face storms of a ferocity unseen in living memory

Total bullsh*t.