Author Topic: Oakland Gun Club Leader: California Liberals ‘Uneasy When It Comes to the Idea of Black Folks Being  (Read 487 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Oakland Gun Club Leader: California Liberals ‘Uneasy When It Comes to the Idea of Black Folks Being Legally Armed’

AWR Hawkins 27 Jun 2022

The Los Angeles Times ran a column Monday in which an Oakland gun club leader suggests California liberals get “uneasy when it comes to the idea of black folks being armed.”

The gun club leader, Nathan W. Jones, made his comment just days after the Supreme Court (SCOTUS) struck down New York’s proper cause requirement for concealed carry permit issuance.

SCOTUS struck down New York’s requirement on June 23. On June 24 both California and New Jersey reacted to the ruling by striking certain concealed carry permit requirements in their states.

The LA Times notes that Jones, leader of the Black Gun Owners Association, believes SCOTUS’s pro-2A ruling comes at a time when black Americans have awoken to the need to carry guns for self-defense.

Jones said, “I had visions of mobs dragging people through the streets, and something just kind of switched. … We can’t rely on anybody else to come and save us. It has to be us.” But Jones makes clear that he is not sure how Californians will react to more armed black Americans on the streets.

He noted his experience at the gun range when he and fellow club members go shooting. “There’s no overt racism when we go to the gun range, but we know how people are looking at us. …We know the things that people think.”

Jones added, “And so we also know that we cannot be the group that has an accidental discharge. We cannot be the group that is handling our firearms in an unsafe manner. We have to be more in control and knowing what we’re doing more than anybody else, because all eyes are on us waiting for us to make a mistake.”

He observed that while lip service is paid to “equal rights,”  he and his fellow gun club members see that others at the gun range “are still uneasy when it comes to the idea of Black folks being legally armed.”

The LA Times highlighted the fact that California Democrats are “scrambling to craft and enact new legislation” that will salvage the concealed carry structure that California partially jettisoned after the SCOTUS ruling.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/06/27/oakland-gun-club-leader-california-liberals-uneasy-when-it-comes-to-the-idea-of-black-folks-being-legally-armed/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
"...but we know how people are looking at us. …We know the things that people think.”

Really?  Dude needs to become a psychic.

Anytime I look at someone cross-eyed on the range is when they're engaged in blatant and "overt" stupidity.

Most times, engaging those kinds of people is a fools errand and not worth the hassle or possible escalation.  So I try to warn others and leave.

Maybe that's why you're getting the "stink eye" Mr. Jones.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
"...but we know how people are looking at us. …We know the things that people think.”

Really?  Dude needs to become a psychic.

Anytime I look at someone cross-eyed on the range is when they're engaged in blatant and "overt" stupidity.

Most times, engaging those kinds of people is a fools errand and not worth the hassle or possible escalation.  So I try to warn others and leave.

Maybe that's why you're getting the "stink eye" Mr. Jones.
Sounds like the guy has the typical Black chip on his shoulder about everyone thinking all Blacks are gangbangers and criminals. I'm not worried about Blacks or anyone else at the range, unless like you say they are being stupid. The people I worry about go out to BLM property like the desert. There used to be a place we went to shoot called Lytle Creek, it had small areas that paralleled the road where you could set up private shooting but became unsafe because of gang bangers of all colors shooting automatics and using explosives with no consideration as to the direction they fired or threw their explosives.

Online mountaineer

California liberals get “uneasy when it comes to the idea of black folks being armed.”
I'm sure they do. Liberals seem to be the most bigoted, racist idiots around.

Our rural Western Pa. gun club is a bunch of ultra-conservatives, and we just elected a black man vice-president. That's how uneasy we are.  :silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org