Author Topic: ‘How to Move to Canada from U.S.’ Trends on Google Search After the Overturning of Roe v. Wade  (Read 615 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 buh bye

‘How to Move to Canada from U.S.’ Trends on Google Search After the Overturning of Roe v. Wade

Ethan Letkeman 27 Jun 2022

A massive uptick of Americans asking Google “how to move to Canada” followed the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade on Friday.

“The search ‘how to move to Canada from U.S.’ spiked 850% in the hour after the Supreme Court decision was announced in the United States, according to Simon Rogers’ Google Trends newsletter sent Friday evening,” Axios reported on Saturday.

There was also a surge of Americans asking “How to become a Canadian citizen,” an increase of 550 percent, Axios noted.

How to move to Canada?” Google Search hits in the U.S. over the past seven days. (Google Trends)

Inquiring about moving to the Great White North is a common trend, particularly among Hollywood liberals, after any notable American conservative victory and preceding an expected one.

Lena Dunham famously proclaimed in 2016 that she would “100 percent” move to Canada if then-candidate Donald Trump were to become president. However, after Trump was elected president, Dunham copped out on her vow and remained in the United States.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/06/27/how-move-canada-from-u-s-trends-google-search-overturning-roe-v-wade/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Smart move.  Contemplating a move to a County that really restricts peoples individual freedoms.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

So, because the issue of whether, and to what extent, abortion should be limited is now to be determined by each individual state - with states like NY and CA imposing few if any restrictions whatsoever - these fools are going to move to a country where no abortions are performed after 23 weeks and 6 days?

Source:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Canada#:~:text=While%20some%20non%2Dlegal%20barriers,provincial%20regulatory%20authorities%20for%20physicians.

Talk about cutting off one's nose to spite one's face.

Offline cato potatoe

We should start a gofundme campaign.

Offline Kamaji

Offline verga

We should start a gofundme campaign.
I will contribute, on the condition that I can help pick the ones to move, and I get double my money back if they don't go.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline goatprairie

I strongly urge all libs to leave this awful, racist, sexist, homophobic U.S and move to a country more to their liking.
Leave now while the leaving is good.

Offline Kamaji

I will contribute, on the condition that I can help pick the ones to move, and I get double my money back if they don't go.

But no payouts until the signed expatriation form is presented as proof that they've given up their U.S. citizenship; otherwise, they'll just slink back in after a few months.

Offline verga

But no payouts until the signed expatriation form is presented as proof that they've given up their U.S. citizenship; otherwise, they'll just slink back in after a few months.
:amen:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.