Author Topic: BREAKING: Supreme Court rules in favor of the praying football coach in Kennedy v. Bremerton.  (Read 2349 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'd love to see someone educate the "wise latina" about where the "Establishment Clause" really is.

Just for reference:

First Amendment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'd love to see someone educate the "wise latina" about where the "Establishment Clause" really is.

The Establishment Clause is one comma away from the Free Exercise Clause.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; ...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Actually not. It's in a letter from Jefferson to the Danbury Baptists.

Establishment clause deals with the prevention of the Government from establishing one lone religion for the country and outlawing the others.

Biden couldn't come out tomorrow and declare that the "Church of The Silly Walks" is the only recognized and official religion of the United States because it violates the establishment clause.

The reality is there is no constitutional "wall of separation."
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Establishment clause deals with the prevention of the Government from establishing one lone religion for the country and outlawing the others.

Biden couldn't come out tomorrow and declare that the "Church of The Silly Walks" is the only recognized and official religion of the United States because it violates the establishment clause.

The first amendment is perfectly clear on the subject IMHO.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; ...

A person praying in public, no matter what his position may be, is not Congress!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

A person praying in public, no matter what his position may be, is not Congress!

Exactly.

And displaying the 10 Commandments in a courtroom doesn't violate the 1st Amendment.

Neither does displaying a nativity scene on the front lawn of city hall.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 04:38:51 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I quoted the actual First Amendment....I agree there is no "wall of separation" in the Amendment.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

In a foundational treatise of checks and balances, smack dab in the middle of the very first amendment are the Establishment and Free Exercise clauses - in of themselves calling for a balance between two extremes.  Our Founding Fathers were brilliant.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I quoted the actual First Amendment....I agree there is no "wall of separation" in the Amendment.

Ahh ok gotcha.  I misunderstood what you were trying to say.

Carry on.  :beer:

Offline Hoodat

Still waiting for Biden v. Texas and West Virginia v. EPA.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Still waiting for Biden v. Texas and West Virginia v. EPA.

:yowsa: And (I think)I know why those are being held to the end.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 05:45:22 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Ahh ok gotcha.  I misunderstood what you were trying to say.

Carry on.  :beer:

I knew dat!   :beer: :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

:yowsa:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline The_Reader_David

@Bigun  She ain't no Wise Latino.

Well, even were she wise, she wouldn't be a wise Latino.

And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Kamaji

Well, even were she wise, she wouldn't be a wise Latino.

:silly:

I guess that makes you a biologist!

Offline Hoodat

They should have stopped writing after the fifth word.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-