Author Topic: ‘It’s bad’: Eric Adams admits being ‘shocked’ by the sorry state of NYC  (Read 575 times)

Offline Kamaji

‘It’s bad’: Eric Adams admits being ‘shocked’ by the sorry state of NYC

By Bernadette Hogan and Bruce Golding
June 27, 2022

Mayor Eric Adams had no idea how rotten the Big Apple was at its core before taking office — telling The Post he was “shocked” to learn just “how bad this place is.”

During an exclusive interview conducted as Adams rode the subways overnight for more than three hours last week, the former NYPD transit cop said he was astounded by the botched “deployment of resources” that has New Yorkers on edge amid a nearly 40 percent surge in major crimes this year.

“Let me tell you something: When I started looking into this, I was shocked at how bad this place is,” he said of the city.

Adams — who campaigned on a promise to restore order to an increasingly lawless Gotham — said the scales fell from his eyes when he began reviewing internal city operations following his swearing in moments after midnight on New Year’s Day.

“It was probably, the third — third or fourth week in January. I spent a lot of time in the office,” he said.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/06/27/mayor-eric-adams-admits-being-shocked-by-the-sorry-state-of-nyc/

Online Hoodat

What did he expect from Democrat rule?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

He's a Democrat so nothing will change.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

Doesn't he live there? I can't imagine how he missed noticing what a hellhole the city has become.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Doesn't he live there? I can't imagine how he missed noticing what a hellhole the city has become.
I thought his campaign was based on exactly that. Typical democrat, looks at what democrat policies created and pulls an Urkel

Offline dfwgator

He probably thinks it's all Giuliani's fault.

Offline PeteS in CA

****slapping Mayor Adams, shut your cheesecake hole, stop your hand-wringing, and freaking do something to reduce the number of thugs and thuglings on NYC streets!

Same advice to SF Mayor Breed" Shut your It's It hole ...
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Once again, have to say it:
Adams is "David Dinkins II".

But this time there ain't gonna be no Rudy Giuliani to step in and rebuild the place once Adams is gone...

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
By Bernadette Hogan and
Bruce Golding   
June 27, 2022 5:00am

Mayor Eric Adams had no idea how rotten the Big Apple was at its core before taking office — telling The Post he was “shocked” to learn just “how bad this place is.”

During an exclusive interview conducted as Adams rode the subways overnight for more than three hours last week, the former NYPD transit cop said he was astounded by the botched “deployment of resources” that has New Yorkers on edge amid a nearly 40 percent surge in major crimes this year.

“Let me tell you something: When I started looking into this, I was shocked at how bad this place is,” he said of the city.

Adams — who campaigned on a promise to restore order to an increasingly lawless Gotham — said the scales fell from his eyes when he began reviewing internal city operations following his swearing in moments after midnight on New Year’s Day.

“It was probably the third — third or fourth week in January. I spent a lot of time in the office,” he said.

more
https://nypost.com/2022/06/27/mayor-eric-adams-admits-being-shocked-by-the-sorry-state-of-nyc/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

By Bernadette Hogan and
Bruce Golding   
June 27, 2022 5:00am

“It was probably the third — third or fourth week in January. I spent a lot of time in the office,” he said.

more
https://nypost.com/2022/06/27/mayor-eric-adams-admits-being-shocked-by-the-sorry-state-of-nyc/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter

I haven't ventured outside of FL in quite awhile (at least since the pandemic), but  I would lay odds that most liberal states are in a sorry condition.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.