Author Topic: Americans’ views of economy, finances worsen: poll  (Read 730 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Americans’ views of economy, finances worsen: poll
« on: June 26, 2022, 09:48:46 pm »
 Americans’ views of economy, finances worsen: poll
by Zach Schonfeld - 06/26/22 4:51 PM ET

Three-quarters of Americans rate the current condition of the economy as fairly bad or very bad, and a majority are concerned about their ability to afford day-to-day expenses, according to a new CBS News-YouGov poll.

The proportion of Americans who view the state of the economy as fairly bad or worse has grown for each of the past two months, rising from 63 percent in April to 75 percent in the latest poll.

Republicans were more likely to have a negative view of the national economy, with just nine percent saying it is at least fairly good. Thirty-six percent of Democrats and 20 percent of independents viewed the economy as at least fairly good.

The increased pessimism comes after inflation rates in May surpassed economists expectations, with annual inflation hitting a 40-year high of 8.6 percent. Rising oil, food and shelter costs largely fueled May’s inflation spike.

Those price hikes have left many Americans feeling unsure of their ability to retire, take vacation or even afford day-to-day items, according to the poll.

One-third of respondents said they were very concerned about their ability to afford basic goods and services while 32 percent said they were somewhat concerned. Seventy-three percent expressed at least some concern for their ability to save money.

Just one in ten Americans said they were very confident in their plans for retirement, while 41 percent said they were very concerned.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/3537662-americans-views-of-economy-finances-worsen-poll/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Re: Americans’ views of economy, finances worsen: poll
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2022, 02:28:25 pm »
Dip alert!!!!.....

Gold at $1770/oz
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2022, 02:45:17 pm »
Jimmy Carter would have killed to have fracking the Permian Basin, Bakken, Eagle Ford, and Marcellus, plus the KeyStone XL pipeline.

For Jimmy Carter, the 1970s oil crises were OPEC's and Iran's doings.  For Biden, it is all self-inflicted.

Biden and the Dems could change things, but they choose not to.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2022, 02:50:09 pm »
Dip alert!!!!.....

Gold at $1770/oz

Hang on to your fillings it is going to be a bumpy ride.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2022, 04:15:46 pm »
Jimmy Carter would have killed to have fracking the Permian Basin, Bakken, Eagle Ford, and Marcellus, plus the KeyStone XL pipeline.

For Jimmy Carter, the 1970s oil crises were OPEC's and Iran's doings.  For Biden, it is all self-inflicted.

Biden and the Dems could change things, but they choose not to.

Very true.  Carter though so misguided was at least honorable, but incompetent.  Biden is both incompetent, and intentionally destroying this country's economy.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2022, 06:39:19 pm »
Very true.  Carter though so misguided was at least honorable, but incompetent.  Biden is both incompetent, and intentionally destroying this country's economy.

Carter also inherited things like an energy crunch and inflation. He just didn’t have the talent to manage them very well.

Joe Biden helps create the mess and then gets mad because Americans are upset
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2022, 06:49:26 pm »
Carter also inherited things like an energy crunch and inflation. He just didn’t have the talent to manage them very well.

Joe Biden helps create the mess and then gets mad because Americans are upset

:thumbsup:

Must feel a little odd actually defending Carter.