Author Topic: Hispanic Voters in TX Telling Dems to Advocate for Them Not ‘Migrants Showing up in My Backyard’  (Read 923 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Breitbart by Ian Hanchett 25 Jun 2022

Maher: Hispanic Voters in TX Telling Dems to Advocate for Them Not ‘Migrants Showing up in My Backyard’

On Friday’s broadcast of HBO’s “Real Time,” host Bill Maher said the message from Hispanic voters in Texas’ 34th Congressional district to Democrats was, “I’m an American now. I’m here. Be my lawyer, not the lawyer for the migrants showing up in my backyard.” And argued that “If you’re a parent and wanted schools to reopen a lot sooner than they did after COVID shutdowns, or think maybe your kid is getting a bad education partly because it’s nearly impossible to fire a lousy teacher,” you’ll see Democrats always backing teachers, “but I’ve noticed my kid is kind of an idiot. So I may be looking for new representation.”

Maher stated that the House seat in Texas went Republican because voters didn’t see the Democratic candidate “as their lawyer, that’s why. Their message to you was, I’m an American now. I’m here. Be my lawyer, not the lawyer for the migrants showing up in my backyard. Every month, I see a new poll reporting how much Latinos despise the woke term Latinx. It’s about as popular with them as a reboot of Speedy Gonzales. Even the country’s oldest Latino civil rights group came out against it, yet AOC keeps defending it, saying, ‘Gender is fluid. Language is fluid.’ Yes, and Latino voters are fluid, and more of them now than ever are identifying as Republican.”

He continued, “So are Asian Americans, whose support for Democrats is down 16 points since the last election. A lot of that is because, in the name of achieving equity in schools, Democrats in deep-blue cities have made it a mission to eliminate the advanced programs at which Asian kids excel. Asian parents said, okay, I wish all kids well, I’m not a racist, but I need someone who acts like my lawyer. If you’re a parent and wanted schools to reopen a lot sooner than they did after COVID shutdowns, or think maybe your kid is getting a bad education partly because it’s nearly impossible to fire a lousy teacher, yeah, you’re going to say, okay, congratulations, teachers, you’ve got yourself a good lawyer. The Democratic Party’s always got your back 100%. But I’ve noticed my kid is kind of an idiot. So I may be looking for new representation.”

More: https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/06/25/maher-hispanic-voters-in-tx-telling-dems-to-advocate-for-them-not-migrants-showing-up-in-my-backyard/

Offline Kamaji

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The DNC and the murikan media have been trying to figure out for decades how to get away with calling native-born Americans of Mexican heritage "racists" without upsetting their voting base. MY best guess is they are now BARELY holding on to this votes in the big eastern cities,and have already lost all of them in the western and southwestern states. What "brown" votes they do get are from the illegal aliens they imported that they register illegally because they are desperate to beat Trump if he runs again,and they know they are going to need all the votes they can create or steal to help them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

I wonder how many Dems think, “They’re all the same,” kind of like racists who think all people with Hispanic family names are “wetbacks” or illegals.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I wonder how many Dems think, “They’re all the same,” kind of like racists who think all people with Hispanic family names are “wetbacks” or illegals.

@PeteS in CA

I honestly don't get that. How freaking stupid do you have to be to realize that anybody who is brown/dark and speaks good English is an American citizen?

Hell,there is a large group of Americans who were born here that barely speak understandable English.

Offline Doug1943

• Doug1943
  • ex-Left;pro-Civilization, esp. Western.
    • Yavapai Community Protection Team
This is a very important post, because it allows us to address a potential weakness in the ranks of the patriots.

Some of our enemies are pretty smart. Some of them have a lot of money.

Now, if you were one of these people, and you saw Asians and Hispanics (and Blacks) beginning to drift away from the Democratic ranks, towards the patriots, you would be concerned.

You would want to stop it.  You would want to bring these people back to the anti-American side, or at least keep them away from the patriots.

How would you do it?

Here's one way.  Hire two or three fanatical AntiFa types to work half a day, five days a week, doing the following: 

(1) Open accounts in every pro-American, conservative forum you can find. Do the same for those pro-American websites which have comment pages after their articles.

(2) Have them start posting conventional pro-American things for a few weeks, to establish their legitimacy.

(3) Then, have them start posting nasty swipes at Hispanics, Blacks, Asians ... also Jews and gays. These posts don't have to be elaborate theories about genetic variations or the Elders of Zion.

All they need to do is to give the impression that in our ranks are people who dislike all Hispanics, Blacks, etc.  The rest of us may be embarrassed by this, but we'll tend to just pass over it. Free speech and all that. It's like a dog turd in an otherwise good salad. The good parts don't matter if the turd stays in.

Of course, the people who are being reviled by the planted infiltrators will think, should they ever visit the site,  "This group doesn't want me here."

They could probably hire such people for a few thousand dollars a year.  Of course we probably have people like that who work for free.

We're in a war.  In a war, you want all the allies you can get.  You want people who might be the allies of the enemy, to be neutral. You want neutrals to be neutral in your favor.

That's how we have to think.
You can get a lot further in life with a kind word and a gun, than you can with a kind word alone.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Probably the same number that think Latinx is appropriate.

Online roamer_1

I've got no dog in this hunt. There ain't hardly any Blacks or Hispanics up in here. But I hear tell that American born Mexicans (at least rural ones) are salt of the earth Conservative, based hard in social conservatism and entrepreneurship.

My rather limited experience with midwestern rural blacks seems much the same.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Probably the same number that think Latinx is appropriate.

@GtHawk

WTH is a "Latinx",a lowrider Lincoln?

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I've got no dog in this hunt. There ain't hardly any Blacks or Hispanics up in here. But I hear tell that American born Mexicans (at least rural ones) are salt of the earth Conservative, based hard in social conservatism and entrepreneurship.

@roamer_1

Believe it. The same can be said for most that were born in the US and live in cities. Maybe not Ca cities,but civilized cities.

My rather limited experience with midwestern rural blacks seems much the same.

Same with rural blacks pretty much everywhere I have ever been.