Author Topic: Roe v. Wade ruling injects new urgency into midterms for Democrats  (Read 502 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Roe v. Wade ruling injects new urgency into midterms for Democrats
by Julia Manchester - 06/25/22 11:50 AM ET

The Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade catapulted the issue of abortion rights directly into the midterms campaign on Friday, with Democrats seeking to put the issue front and center.

Democratic candidates up and down the ballot issued their reactions in a slew of statements following the decision, while the party’s national campaign apparatus rolled out a website designed to “help voters channel anger into action and organize with local coordinated field campaigns.”

While issues like rising inflation, crime and the flow of migrants over the U.S. southern border have dominated campaign rhetoric on the GOP side, Democrats are hoping to use the high court’s decision to galvanize their own bases.

“This fall, Roe is on the ballot. The right to privacy is on the ballot,” President Biden said at a press conference following the decision’s release on Friday. 

Democrats and abortion rights advocates point to what they say is conservatives’ goal to ban abortion nationwide.

“They won’t give up unless voters stop them. The stakes in November’s midterm elections are higher than ever for reproductive health and rights, including abortion,” Planned Parenthood said in a statement on Friday.

In swing states and districts across the country, Democratic candidates rolled out their own statements hitting their Republican opponents over the issue.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3536409-roe-v-wade-ruling-injects-new-urgency-into-midterms-for-democrats/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

Won't matter. The first win ever on the abortion issue will galvanize the right far more.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Anybody else notice how old ALL Democrat (AKA Communist) politicians are? Asking for a friend.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

Won't matter. The first win ever on the abortion issue will galvanize the right far more.

And bigger issues like inflation and record fuel prices are driving this years midterms
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

And bigger issues like inflation and record fuel prices are driving this years midterms

That's right.

Offline libertybele

Exactly. There's a lot riding on the mid terms. Hopefully the GOP and the RNC have their act together. This election is theirs to win. 

IF not, there won't be any coming back from another 2 years of Joe & Co.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

So far, the 'peaceful protests' have been pretty anticlimactic. I thought all the sh*thole cities would be burning down by now...