Author Topic: Supreme Court's decision on abortion could open the door to overturn same-sex marriage, contraceptio  (Read 395 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I anticipate that the DEMS will start packing the SCOTUS

Supreme Court's decision on abortion could open the door to overturn same-sex marriage, contraception and other major rulings

The Supreme Court's opinion overturning Roe v. Wade on Friday could open the door for courts to overturn same-sex marriage, contraception and other rights.
It's already set off a debate among justices over whether overturning Roe puts those precedents in danger.
The majority opinion from Justice Samuel Alito attempted to wall off its holding in Friday's abortion case from those other rulings, but Justice Clarence Thomas wrote separately to call explicitly for those other rulings to be revisited.

"In future cases, we should reconsider all of this Court's substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell," Thomas wrote, referring to decisions on contraception, sodomy and same-sex marriage.

Liberals said that those rulings are now at risk.

In their dissent, the liberal justices wrote "no one should be confident that this majority is done with its work."
"The right Roe and Casey recognized does not stand alone," they wrote. "To the contrary, the Court has linked it for decades to other settled freedoms involving bodily integrity, familial relationships, and procreation. Most obviously, the right to terminate a pregnancy arose straight out of the right to purchase and use contraception. In turn, those rights led, more recently, to rights of same-sex intimacy and marriage............

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/24/politics/abortion-ruling-gay-rights-contraceptives/index.html
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Hoodat

Obergefell needs to be the next case to fall.  If States can regulate abortion, then they can regulate marriage as well.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
While I agree with you, the one way that the DEMS can stop this is to pack the courts and overturn this ruling. If there is a way for the DEMS to push back they will.

Jim Obergefell slams Supreme Court’s threat to overturn same-sex marriage rights after Roe

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/06/jim-obergefell-slams-supreme-courts-threat-overturn-sex-marriage-rights-roe/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Hoodat

Jim Obergefell slams Supreme Court’s threat to overturn same-sex marriage rights after Roe

Marriage is a liability, not a right.  Each State has their own laws defining the extent of that liability.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
No, let's stick with this degenerate policy.

Who would ever believe we would recognize same sex marriage?  The destruction of the family unit is an objective of the commie fools running this nation at present.

:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: