Poll

What bothers YOU the MOST about getting OLD?

I still have to communicate with Others
7 (15.6%)
No One takes me Seriously, anymore
0 (0%)
Having to wake up every 4 hours to pee
8 (17.8%)
Watching the Crumbling of my Country
24 (53.3%)
How dare you assume I'm OLD, shame on you (Pot Option)
6 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: July 25, 2022, 02:04:46 am

Author Topic: What bothers YOU the MOST about getting OLD?  (Read 9804 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: What bothers YOU the MOST about getting OLD?
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2022, 05:29:28 pm »
When I turned 50, several years ago, on my birthday and such everyone had 'old man' jokes and laughs. I can't use the toilet without getting my balls wet, was a common jibe. I just shook my head and thought forgive them because they know not what they do. You are going to be right here where I am before you know it, if you are lucky enough.

Many of the guys derisively laughing it up, were in their 40s. So to them 50 is a million years away. They don't know the time creep arc. They do not know that from age 1 to 30 takes a hundred years. From age 30 to 50 is a blink of an eye. My only response was, hey man, you are tailgating me and you don't even know you are right behind me. Once you are as they say 'over the hill' you pick up speed on the other side.

What bothers me about being old is the burden of wisdom, which makes suffering fools almost unbearable.

Wait @240B! It gets even better! (74 in September)
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2022, 05:39:05 pm »

When you hit 80, you can poop yourself and nobody can say nothing.

That's right. It's the rules.

:laugh:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2022, 05:44:16 pm »
Congratulations! You are blessed. Now I am tailgating you ... I guess? LOL
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2022, 05:50:22 pm »
When you hit 80, you can poop yourself and nobody can say nothing.

That's right. It's the rules.

:laugh:

:cheerlead: YEA!  :cheerlead: I get to do something that I once could not!  Most things go the other way and that is particularly frustrating for old soldiers!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 05:51:27 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2022, 06:00:22 pm »
:cheerlead: YEA!  :cheerlead: I get to do something that I once could not!  Most things go the other way and that is particularly frustrating for old soldiers!

:yowsa: 888high58888

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2022, 06:07:34 pm »
Sorry for my ignorance... But when am I supposed to start putting out little crystal dishes on doilies full of peppermints, butterscotch, lemon drops, and butter mints? 65? 70? 75? It's not in the handbook.  :shrug:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2022, 06:10:31 pm »
Sorry for my ignorance... But when am I supposed to start putting out little crystal dishes on doilies full of peppermints, butterscotch, lemon drops, and butter mints? 65? 70? 75? It's not in the handbook.  :shrug:

Dunno! But I can tell you that some missionaries from my Church learned to be careful about dishes full of almonds!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2022, 06:12:25 pm »
Dunno! But I can tell you that some missionaries from my Church learned to be careful about dishes full of almonds!

??

What, turned out to be olive pits or something? Dried chaw?  :pondering: :shrug:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2022, 06:15:47 pm »
??

What, turned out to be olive pits or something? Dried chaw?  :pondering: :shrug:

At the end of the visit the missionaries felt compelled to apologize to the old ldies they were visiting for eating the entire dish of almonds.  One of the ladies responded; "Oh! That's quite all right! At our age all we can do is suck the chocolate off!"

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2022, 06:26:59 pm »
At the end of the visit the missionaries felt compelled to apologize to the old ldies they were visiting for eating the entire dish of almonds.  One of the ladies responded; "Oh! That's quite all right! At our age all we can do is suck the chocolate off!"

:thud: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

That's beautiful, man!  :laugh:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2022, 06:38:26 pm »
Sorry for my ignorance... But when am I supposed to start putting out little crystal dishes on doilies full of peppermints, butterscotch, lemon drops, and butter mints?
Your crystal dish offering is not complete unless you include a few Halls Mentho-lyptus, Werther Originals, a rock hard tootsie roll from 1973, a bobby pin, some unwrapped ribbon candy (stuck together), an old key which nobody knows what it goes to, some of those strawberry thingies, and a single odd safety-pin. You don't have to be told when. When the time comes it will simply happen on its own by itself. It is a law of nature. They just appear pre-stocked with a complete set of everything.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2022, 08:06:07 pm »
Your crystal dish offering is not complete unless you include a few Halls Mentho-lyptus, Werther Originals, a rock hard tootsie roll from 1973, a bobby pin, some unwrapped ribbon candy (stuck together), an old key which nobody knows what it goes to, some of those strawberry thingies, and a single odd safety-pin. You don't have to be told when. When the time comes it will simply happen on its own by itself. It is a law of nature. They just appear pre-stocked with a complete set of everything.

HAHAHAHA! That's gotta be right! Forgot about the strawberry thingys... And the menthyl-lick-mes.  :beer:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2022, 08:25:29 pm »
I have a crystal candy dish and it hold just that; candy.  Wrapped mints and various different types of wrapped dark chocolates. Nothing else goes into that dish but candy, period.  There is no other crystal dish set out in our home.  I have various pieces of crystal in my china cabinet, but the crystal candy dish stays out (candy only).

At Christmastime I have a candy dish shaped like an ornament -- Christmas candy only. (The crystal candy dish is put away).

At Easter time I have a small crystal shaped basket (no handle) just for jellybeans and the other crystal dish is still out for mints and chocolates.

I have candy rules in our house -- lol!!!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 08:26:17 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2022, 08:36:48 pm »
I have a crystal candy dish and it hold just that; candy.  Wrapped mints and various different types of wrapped dark chocolates. Nothing else goes into that dish but candy, period.  There is no other crystal dish set out in our home.  I have various pieces of crystal in my china cabinet, but the crystal candy dish stays out (candy only).

At Christmastime I have a candy dish shaped like an ornament -- Christmas candy only. (The crystal candy dish is put away).

At Easter time I have a small crystal shaped basket (no handle) just for jellybeans and the other crystal dish is still out for mints and chocolates.

I have candy rules in our house -- lol!!!

See, now that's how I know I have not graduated to being a duffer yet  :laugh:

I keep a standard half gallon glass jug full of a Snickers, Milky-way, and 3 Musketeers assortment... Another is always full-to-brimming with Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies... Yet another has my mamma's world-famous oatmeal-raisin cookies. Got either the giant 3-dollar bag of popsicles or fudgesicles in the freezer. depending on whether the popsicles happen to have banana and rootbeer... If they have the blue or green popsicles I pass and get the crappy fidgesicles.

See... That is active grandkid bribery.. They cannot drive by without stopping in.
I think after the grandkids grow up enough that they no longer come by, one moves to the lemon-drops and butterscotches... I don't know where that line is exactly. guess I will be finding out.  :laugh: :shrug:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 08:38:46 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline rustynail

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2022, 09:32:43 pm »
All the ladies stopping by with a hot dish.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2022, 01:18:20 am »
See, now that's how I know I have not graduated to being a duffer yet  :laugh:

I keep a standard half gallon glass jug full of a Snickers, Milky-way, and 3 Musketeers assortment... Another is always full-to-brimming with Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies... Yet another has my mamma's world-famous oatmeal-raisin cookies. Got either the giant 3-dollar bag of popsicles or fudgesicles in the freezer. depending on whether the popsicles happen to have banana and rootbeer... If they have the blue or green popsicles I pass and get the crappy fidgesicles.

See... That is active grandkid bribery.. They cannot drive by without stopping in.
I think after the grandkids grow up enough that they no longer come by, one moves to the lemon-drops and butterscotches... I don't know where that line is exactly. guess I will be finding out.  :laugh: :shrug:
Yeah, I have a great-grandson who said to his mom: "We're out of popsicles. Do you think Papa has any?"
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2022, 01:25:59 am »
Yeah, I have a great-grandson who said to his mom: "We're out of popsicles. Do you think Papa has any?"

:beer: I love it!!

My grandkids always raided the candy dish (that's why I originally put it out). One time one of my grandson's had a sleep over at our place and got up before we did and helped himself to several pieces of chocolate candy, peanut butter cheese crackers and cookies.  The wrappers that he didn't put in the trash can were a dead give away. To top it off he had his favorite; Grandma's french toast!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2022, 01:29:16 am »

My grandkids always raided the candy dish (that's why I originally put it out). One time one of my grandson's had a sleep over at our place and got up before we did and helped himself to several pieces of chocolate candy, peanut butter cheese crackers and cookies.  The wrappers that he didn't put in the trash can were a dead give away. To top it off he had his favorite; Grandma's french toast!
It is such culinary wonderments that establish fond memories and family traditions, the sinew that binds generations together.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2022, 01:48:23 am »

And that's why Papa always does.  :beer: :seeya:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2022, 01:52:39 am »

I just figgered me out some french toast... Make it with super fresh french bread from over to the Albertson's... I only have that around when I am making spaghetti... But it will burn up the end of the loaf, for sure.

I am very happy with the result, though the grandkids ain't had none yet. Just me :D

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2022, 01:54:22 am »
It is such culinary wonderments that establish fond memories and family traditions, the sinew that binds generations together.

IOW, pack em full of sugar and send em home... Sweeet revenge!   :silly:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2022, 02:09:57 am »
Noisy toys are fun, too... :beer: 888high58888 :silly:

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2022, 02:13:14 am »

:beer:  So true. I used to take my oldest grandson for ice cream just before I had to drop him off back home --- so --- I would have him run up and down the sidewalks to get rid of some of that sugar high before taking him home.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2022, 02:17:36 am »
Noisy toys are fun, too... :beer: 888high58888 :silly:

And weird pets...
:beer: 888high58888 :silly:

I keep threatening to buy em ponies...  :smokin:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2022, 02:19:05 am »
:beer:  So true. I used to take my oldest grandson for ice cream just before I had to drop him off back home --- so --- I would have him run up and down the sidewalks to get rid of some of that sugar high before taking him home.

Now see, I would probably bet him he couldn't eat THREE scoops... With sprinkles. And a waffle cone...
THEN bring him home.
 :silly: