Poll

What bothers YOU the MOST about getting OLD?

I still have to communicate with Others
7 (15.6%)
No One takes me Seriously, anymore
0 (0%)
Having to wake up every 4 hours to pee
8 (17.8%)
Watching the Crumbling of my Country
24 (53.3%)
How dare you assume I'm OLD, shame on you (Pot Option)
6 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: July 25, 2022, 02:04:46 am

Author Topic: What bothers YOU the MOST about getting OLD?  (Read 9765 times)

Offline corbe

What bothers YOU the MOST about getting OLD?
« on: June 25, 2022, 02:04:46 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

Re: What bothers YOU the MOST about getting OLD?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2022, 02:13:11 am »
Going to the docs and discovering that I have yet another illness that has no treatment.  Joy!

However, each day is a blessing and I am thankful!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2022, 02:19:24 am »
As for being taken seriously; the older I get, some of those around me are starting to realize I was right after all, which is somewhat satisfying actually.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 02:20:34 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2022, 02:20:10 am »
You left off ED.   :thud:
Let it burn.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2022, 02:20:42 am »
The worst thing for me is having to pay people to do odd jobs around the house that neither I or my husband can do anymore....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2022, 02:22:05 am »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2022, 02:25:11 am »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2022, 02:27:16 am »

Thats's below the belt @Ghost Bear
  WE don't discuss those issues here, on TBR.    :rolling:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2022, 02:30:12 am »
   Thats's below the belt @Ghost Bear

Why, yes, yes it is.

WE don't discuss those issues here, on TBR.    :rolling:

Oh, ok, fair enough.   It still sucks though.   :shrug:

*edit*  Or so I've heard.   :whistle:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 02:38:22 am by Ghost Bear »
Let it burn.

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2022, 02:36:20 am »
   Yes, it does @Ghost Bear but that it is the only hope of overcoming this debilitative disease in our Society,

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2022, 02:58:54 am »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2022, 03:20:12 am »
Remember being young, and staying pain free.  At age 65, something now aches or hurts all the time.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DB

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2022, 03:32:13 am »
Falling apart...

And knowing it will never get better...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2022, 03:54:44 am »
What bothers me is the aches and pains, but in some respects the aches and pains are a gift. Without hem, I would not be as motivated to work out and keep my body physically able to do the things I want to do (especially play golf).

Online roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2022, 04:38:25 am »
Remember being young, and staying pain free.  At age 65, something now aches or hurts all the time.

That's right... I am 5 years behind you (but gaining in the corners  :laugh:)

Online roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2022, 04:39:49 am »
As for being taken seriously; the older I get, some of those around me are starting to realize I was right after all, which is somewhat satisfying actually.

:beer: :seeya:

The only reward for wisdom.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2022, 05:20:45 am »
That's right... I am 5 years behind you (but gaining in the corners  :laugh:)
At some point, it ain't the age, it's the mileage... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2022, 09:08:36 am »

, getting forgetful.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2022, 03:30:48 pm »
Running out of RAM and hard drive space.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2022, 03:31:54 pm »

I must be ahead of schedule.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2022, 04:00:13 pm »

I still get Morning Wood about once a month when I sleep thru the night without having to pee.  So I have that going for me.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2022, 04:27:28 pm »
When I turned 50, several years ago, on my birthday and such everyone had 'old man' jokes and laughs. I can't use the toilet without getting my balls wet, was a common jibe. I just shook my head and thought forgive them because they know not what they do. You are going to be right here where I am before you know it, if you are lucky enough.

Many of the guys derisively laughing it up, were in their 40s. So to them 50 is a million years away. They don't know the time creep arc. They do not know that from age 1 to 30 takes a hundred years. From age 30 to 50 is a blink of an eye. My only response was, hey man, you are tailgating me and you don't even know you are right behind me. Once you are as they say 'over the hill' you pick up speed on the other side.

What bothers me about being old is the burden of wisdom, which makes suffering fools almost unbearable.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2022, 04:35:07 pm »
What bothers me about being old is the burden of wisdom, which makes suffering fools almost unbearable.

As I get older, I notice my filter disappearing.  That's a good thing.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2022, 04:45:08 pm »
At some point, it ain't the age, it's the mileage... :shrug:

Well.. I ain't got half the mileage you might think... But all of it was off-road, so...  :shrug: :whistle:

:seeya: