Author Topic: The SCOTUS Abortion Leak Backfired  (Read 608 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The SCOTUS Abortion Leak Backfired
« on: June 24, 2022, 09:50:00 pm »
Legal Insurrection by William A. Jacobson 6/24/2022

The shock of the ruling doesn’t seem to be there. Because it wasn’t a surprise.

Now that the Opinion overruling Roe v. Wade is out, the reaction while furious, seems like resignation. That’s not to say someone else won’t try to physically attack Justices or otherwise commit violence. It’s also not to say that Democrats won’t try to make it into an electoral issue, though I don’t think that will work (people angered at the opinion likely vote Democrat anyway).

But the shock of the ruling doesn’t seem to be there. Because it wasn’t a surprise. The leak took place on May 2. There have been almost eight weeks for it to percolate and for emotions to ripen. Yet those emotions, including the attempted assassination of Justice Brett Kavanaugh and attacks on pro-life groups, have created a backlash, with even the White House finally coming out against more violence.

Of course, the leak also didn’t change the result.

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2022/06/the-scotus-abortion-leak-backfired/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: The SCOTUS Abortion Leak Backfired
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 09:56:22 pm »
I tend to agree. Even if they can foment the violence to where they want, everyone is on to them, and no one caught off guard.
The Republic is lost.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 10:06:48 pm »
I was not 'shocked' at all. Just shrugged my shoulders and thought here come the riots. And that I probably cannot watch the news for a week or so. Because the ruling will be the only 'news issue' covered for the foreseeable future.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 10:09:36 pm »
Will the leaker ever be identified and punished?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2022, 10:15:53 pm »
Will the leaker ever be identified and punished?
Nope never. Democrats will do their patented 3-5 year so called 'investigation' until the whole thing is forgotten by most people. Then it will *poof* just disappear. This is what they always do every time. And the Republicans let them get away with it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 11:14:53 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2022, 05:18:58 pm »
Did it?  Perhaps it was leaked for the purpose of getting some of the leftist angst and violence-calling out and over with initially - before it was an actual opinion - as a means of lessening the reaction when it was released as an actual opinion.