Author Topic: Justice Thomas Calls To 'Reconsider' Gay Marriage, Sodomy Rulings  (Read 3084 times)

Offline Kamaji

Clarence Thomas Calls To 'Reconsider' Gay Marriage, Sodomy Rulings

The other justices declined to join him, but the future of the Supreme Court rulings on those matters remains unclear.

SCOTT SHACKFORD

In today's Supreme Court ruling overturning Roe v. Wade (1973), Justice Clarence Thomas joined the majority opinion. But he also wrote a separate concurrence arguing that the logic behind today's ruling should also apply to previous Supreme Court decisions on same-sex marriage, sodomy, and the right to access contraceptives.

Today's majority opinion in Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization ruled that Roe v. Wade was wrongly decided and that the Constitution does not guarantee a right to an abortion. In the opinion, Justice Samuel Alito determined that the right to an abortion is not "rooted in the Nation's history and tradition."

Alito's decision, however, very clearly explains that he's not trying to claim that any right that isn't "rooted in the Nation's history" is potentially subject to being tossed out. This language was in the leaked draft opinion as well. He holds that part of what makes abortion different is that it involves the "destruction of a 'potential life.'" The decision states outright:

And to ensure that our decision is not misunderstood or mischaracterized, we emphasize that our decision concerns the constitutional right to abortion and no other right. Nothing in this opinion should be understood to cast doubt on precedents that do not concern abortion.

He specifically name-checks Obergefell v. Hodges (the 2014 ruling that mandated gay marriage recognition) and Griswold v. Connecticut (the 1965 ruling that stopped states from criminalizing contraception) as precedents he is not attempting to challenge with the Dobbs decision. He later reiterates that those decisions "are inherently different from the right to abortion because the latter (as we have stressed) uniquely involves what Roe and Casey termed 'potential life.'"

But Thomas wrote separately to say the court should reconsider those cases too. While abortion may be a unique issue involving human life, Thomas sees these other precedents as errors of the court because he fundamentally disagrees that the concept of "substantive due process"—that "due process" protects not just procedures but fundamental rights—has a constitutional foundation. Thomas has a history of arguing that the Due Process Clause does not actually guarantee rights but that proper procedures are followed.

Source:  https://reason.com/2022/06/24/clarence-thomas-calls-to-reconsider-gay-marriage-sodomy-rulings/

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Justice Thomas Calls To 'Reconsider' Gay Marriage, Sodomy Rulings
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 07:48:36 pm »
20 years ago, I was of the opinion that what homosexuals did in the privacy of their own homes and beds was their own business.

Now, we are being deluged and force fed this faggotry 24/7.  The activism has gotten way to far, even to the point of trying to steer children toward queerdom. That is past an outrage.   If these f'ers would be low key and live their lives in peace instead drowning us in their rainbow shit, I'd think Thomas' opinion would be out of line

Instead, their extreme activism as back fired.  And I strongly believe that I am not the only one of this opinion.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 08:26:50 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 08:06:39 pm »
20 years ago, I was of the opinion that what homosexuals did in the privacy of their own homes and beds was their own business.

Now, we are being deluged and force fed this faggotry 24/7.  The activism has gotten way to far, even to the point of trying to steer children toward queerdom. That is past an outrage.   If these f'ers would be low key and live their lives in peace instead drowning us in their rainbow shit, I'd think Thomas' opinion would be out of line

Instead, your extreme activism as back fired.  And I strong believe that I am not the only one of this opinion.

@catfish1957

Don't know how one could feel any other way.   :beer:

They always seem to over-extend.  Part of their strategy.

Obama's THIRD term right now.

Starting with the Afghanistan withdrawal, equipment abandoned, you cannot name a single POSITIVE thing this 'Regime' has accomplished.

In fact, if you wanted to destroy everything and bring chaos...tell me one fk'n thing he isn't doing right!   And the GOP sit there rotating on their thumbs.

The Obamas need to be SWATTED like they did to Jeffrey Clark yesterday.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 08:07:56 pm »

Instead, your extreme activism as back fired.  And I strong believe that I am not the only one of this opinion.

@catfish1957 WADR, whose "extreme activism"?

Offline bilo

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2022, 08:12:18 pm »

No, you are not alone.

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2022, 08:19:46 pm »
@catfish1957 WADR, whose "extreme activism"?

The loudest and most obnoxious militant homosexuals, and their complict woke mouthpieces. (MSM, Hollywood, etc.)

I as a Pa Pa, should not have to explain two men kissing on TV to my grandchildren.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2022, 08:23:03 pm »
The loudest and most obnoxious militant homosexuals, and their complict woke mouthpieces. (MSM, Hollywood, etc.)

I as a Pa Pa, should not have to explain two men kissing on TV to my grandchildren.

@catfish1957
Ok.  Then I completely agree with you.  I read your post as implying the activism was mine (obviously a misreading), and just wanted to double-check before I responded.

So, yes, I agree completely.  If they hadn’t let themselves be controlled by the pedos, groomers, and public display fetishists, they’d be in a better position. 

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2022, 08:26:23 pm »
@catfish1957
Ok.  Then I completely agree with you.  I read your post as implying the activism was mine (obviously a misreading), and just wanted to double-check before I responded.

So, yes, I agree completely.  If they hadn’t let themselves be controlled by the pedos, groomers, and public display fetishists, they’d be in a better position.

Sorry for the confusion.  I'll amend my original post.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2022, 08:27:22 pm »
Sorry for the confusion.  I'll amend my original post.

No worries! 

:thumbsup:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2022, 12:00:39 pm »

Instead, their extreme activism as back fired.  And I strongly believe that I am not the only one of this opinion.
You are not the only one. Gratuitous faggotry and a show ends, I don't care if it has ten seasons left. That was the last episode I watch of it.It got so bad on Netscape i was almost running a pool as to how many episodes of a show would be completed before the writers nuked it. The average was about three.

How come there are warnings for violence, nudity, even smoking, but not homosexuality?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2022, 01:27:00 pm »
You are not the only one. Gratuitous faggotry and a show ends, I don't care if it has ten seasons left. That was the last episode I watch of it.It got so bad on Netscape i was almost running a pool as to how many episodes of a show would be completed before the writers nuked it. The average was about three.

How come there are warnings for violence, nudity, even smoking, but not homosexuality?

Yeah! I tried to watch "The Wire" recommended by @sneakypete but the gay sex ran me off pretty quickly. Lots of others as well.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 01:27:53 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2022, 02:03:21 pm »
Thomas has his head up his ass if he is opposed to the legality and availability of contraceptives.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2022, 02:07:12 pm »

Yeah! I tried to watch "The Wire" recommended by @sneakypete but the gay sex ran me off pretty quickly. Lots of others as well.

@Bigun

Granted,my memory is kinda fried from "chemo brain" as well as the passage of time,but I honestly don't remember homo sex as being a regular part of that series.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2022, 03:33:33 pm »
@Bigun

Granted,my memory is kinda fried from "chemo brain" as well as the passage of time,but I honestly don't remember homo sex as being a regular part of that series.

@sneakypete

Police Lt. And her entourage ring any bells?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2022, 05:22:37 pm »

Them that don't know history are doomed to repeat it. And them that don't know prophecy are astonished when it occurs.

A direct mechanical result of calling good evil and calling evil good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2022, 05:26:17 pm »
Thomas has his head up his ass if he is opposed to the legality and availability of contraceptives.

No he is not. Such decisions DO NOT belong to the limited federal government, but to the States respectively and to the People. And if you don't like what a state enacts, then move to a state more to your liking.

That is how it is supposed to work. That IS Federalism.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2022, 05:32:36 pm »
No he is not. Such decisions DO NOT belong to the limited federal government, but to the States respectively and to the People. And if you don't like what a state enacts, then move to a state more to your liking.

:yowsa: A thousand times yes! pointing-up

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2022, 07:43:27 pm »
@sneakypete

Police Lt. And her entourage ring any bells?

@Bigun

Nope. Could be I just ignored them because I tend to ignore things that irritate me.

It also provides me with a break so I can get my coffee cup refilled,visit the toilet,feed the cats,etc,etc,etc.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2022, 07:45:26 pm »
Them that don't know history are doomed to repeat it. And them that don't know prophecy are astonished when it occurs.

A direct mechanical result of calling good evil and calling evil good.

@roamer_1

I guess you are a believer in witchcraft,too?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2022, 07:47:27 pm »

@roamer_1

BullBush! EVERYBODY that is a citizen in EVERY state has the same Constitutional rights
as everyone else.

And if you don't like it,move to a country that suits you better.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2022, 07:48:41 pm »
:yowsa: A thousand times yes! pointing-up

@Bigun

So,you too believe that it is the business of the various states to determine who can and who can not practice birth control?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2022, 08:11:09 pm »
@roamer_1

I guess you are a believer in witchcraft,too?

@sneakypete
As a matter of fact I do - There would be no need for the power of the divine if not for the power of the arcane and occult.
You are in the midst of it - all around you.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 08:12:45 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2022, 08:11:49 pm »
@roamer_1

BullBush! EVERYBODY that is a citizen in EVERY state has the same Constitutional rights
as everyone else.

@sneakypete
Birth control is not a constitutional right.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2022, 08:14:17 pm »
Personally, I believe that contraception and marriage are absolutely no business of ANY government. Those are personal choices, and government should butt out. Abortion is and always was a different matter because it involves existing human life, the protection of which is a legitimate concern of our local and state governments, but not the Federal government, as the Constitution makes clear by its design.   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2022, 08:15:48 pm »
@roamer_1

as everyone else.

Amendment X to the Constitution:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.