Author Topic: House Democrat Vicente Gonzalez Resorts to ‘Sexist,’ ‘Xenophobic’ Attacks Against Incumbent Republic  (Read 336 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Democrat Vicente Gonzalez Resorts to ‘Sexist,’ ‘Xenophobic’ Attacks Against Incumbent Republican Mayra Flores

Jacob Bliss 23 Jun 2022

Texas Democrat Rep. Vicente Gonzalez, who’s running against Republican Rep. Mayra Flores — the first Mexican-born woman elected to Congress — in November, resorted to “sexist” and “xenophobic” attacks against the newly sworn-in incumbent.

Gonzalez switched to Texas’s Thirty-fourth Congressional District from his previous district in hopes of having an easier election after redistricting. However, the congressman’s recent “sexist” and “xenophobic” attacks seem to signal deep concern about his prospects of getting elected in the district following Flores’s win.

The congressman called Flores an “unqualified opponent” in an interview with Newsweek, in addition to calling her a “pawn” that the Republican Party “poured millions of dollars into for a seat that’s going to last six months.”

Newsweek’s Adrian Carrasquillo noted that he wanted to “cast himself as the traditional Texan in the race” while degrading Flores as “an immigrant outsider.”

Gonzalez, fighting to be a member of Congress after November, claimed that he also supports “God, family, country” and “comes from a patriotic family,” saying, “I wasn’t born in Mexico, I was born in South Texas, the son of a Korean war veteran.”

The congressman went further by saying, “I didn’t come here through chain migration, I didn’t come through asylum or amnesty or whatever.”

Newsweek noted that Flores’s most recent ad on Facebook said her family emigrated to the United States from Mexico “the legal way” when she was six years old. One of her previous ads has her cowboy hat-wearing father saying that fathers want what is best for their children — the reason he moved his family from Mexico when Flores was six years old.

The National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC) spokeswoman Torunn Sinclair hammered Gonzalez, telling Breitbart News that Gonzalez is resorting to “sexist” and “xenophobic” attacks against Flores.

“Vicente Gonzalez is resorting to sexist and xenophobic attacks against Mayra Flores because he has no accomplishments to run on,” Sinclair said. “Voters know Gonzalez and the Democrat Party are directly responsible for a never-ending border crisis, and the record high prices at the gas pump and grocery store.”

Flores was sworn in as a member of Congress this week, following her historic win in the special election last week, becoming not only the first Mexican-born woman elected to Congress but also the first Republican elected in the Rio Grande Valley.

Flores’s win means she’ll be running as an incumbent against another incumbent from a different district rather than as a mere challenger.

The special election was held to fill the roughly eight months left in the two-year term for Texas’s historically Democrat-held Thirty-fourth Congressional District after the previous lawmaker bailed on the district to work for the lobbying firm Akin Gump. However, while she beat Democrat Dan Sanchez in the special election, she must still defeat Gonzalez in November before she can serve a full term.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/06/23/house-democrat-vicente-gonzalez-resorts-to-sexist-xenophobic-attacks-against-incumbent-republican-mayra-flores/
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 02:06:23 pm by Cyber Liberty »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That's more than three strikes. What's up with that?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis