Author Topic: Joe Biden Plans to Take ‘Millions of Cars Off the Road’ to Reduce Oil Consumption  (Read 3297 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

President Joe Biden on Wednesday again promoted his infrastructure dreams of taking people out of their gas-powered vehicles and putting them on trains and other forms of public transit.

“We’re investing almost $100 billion in public transit and rail, for all the studies show that it will take millions of cars off the road and significantly reduce pollution if there’s a serious transportation system available,” he said.

The president spoke about public transit during his speech on high gas prices Wednesday, promoting it as a potential solution.

Biden frequently talks about trains, since he has a deep love for them after traveling aboard the Amtrak commuter train to Delaware.

“We will take literally millions of automobiles off the road — off the road — saving tens of millions of barrels of oil, dealing with cleaning up the air,” he boasted during an October event at an electric trolley museum in Scranton, Pennsylvania.

During the event, he admitted he was envious of China’s high-speed trains and wanted more of them in America.

“If you can get in a train and go from here to Washington much faster than you can go in an automobile, you take a train,” he said.

Biden received $66 billion in government spending to subsidize trains in his $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill that passed last year.

“I got more money for passenger rail than the entire Amtrak system cost to begin with,” he bragged in October. “We’re going to change the nation in a big way.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/06/23/joe-biden-plans-to-take-millions-of-cars-off-the-road-to-reduce-oil-consumption/

He wants us all to be urbanites as we can then be controlled.

Notice how Joe let it slip he likes the way China does it.  Joe must be talking to Hunter once again.....
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 04:24:53 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mountaineer

Do trains run on solar or wind power?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

Joe Biden Plans to Take ‘Millions of Cars Off the Road’ .   .  .

.  .  .  by making them unaffordable to drive.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Silly person! Just put the coach level passengers in harness...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

.  .  .  by making them unaffordable to drive.
I may drive less, but I still have to boldly go where no train has gone before.  :shrug:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 04:39:52 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

Looks like South Dakota is SOL.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

Looks like South Dakota is SOL.
SD, WY, folks in most states will have to drive a long way to get to a passenger train.  *****rollingeyes***** 22222frying pan

Offline mountaineer

Looking at the map of where Amtrak goes, I was thinking of the Johnny Cash song, "I've been everywhere."
Well, not so much, if Joe Biden has his way. Not Tulsa, not Parkersburg, not Dayton ... 

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Amtrak routes in the Northeast/New England areas don't look to be changing at all...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This will come in order to encourage everyone to move into "Khrushchev Apartment Blocks" .
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@mountaineer

They run on flutterby farts.

We iz da wurld........

We iz da peep-pulls......

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hghIckc7nrY

@EdinVA

I am not listening to a single damn thing a woman with an advanced college degree has to say that wears a freaking mask while driving a car.

There is educated,and there is indoctrinated.

Offline mountaineer

Biden Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen: Under Biden's plan, we will “rid ourselves” of oil and gas.

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1567973503500001280
Not bloody likely. She and her fellow 1%-ers will always have all the fossil fuels - and products made therefrom - they want or need.

Online Smokin Joe

Okay....

Now point to the part of the Constitution that says this person has the power to take away life giving fuels, whether for heating, cooking, or transportation.

C S Lewis

Offline EdinVA

Okay....

Now point to the part of the Constitution that says this person has the power to take away life giving fuels, whether for heating, cooking, or transportation.

You and your facts.... geezz

Online Smokin Joe

You and your facts.... geezz
Yeah, I know, right? :shrug:

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

FJB!!!!  888mouth
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Have they retro-fitted all the existing US railraods with Advanced Train Control Systems yet?  Be ashamed to force more people onto unsafe, antiquated public rail transportation.

In Boston, you can't take public transportation if you wanted to.

The Feds made the Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority (MBTA) shutdown an entire subway line, Orange Line, for a whole month to fix safety issues.  The Orange Line was the one that caught fire and the woman jumped into the Mystic River to escape.

Parts of another subway line, Green Line, are closed for compulsory safety repairs.  This line has experienced collisions, derailments, and power issues.

There's even talk of shutting the Red Line for a whole month in late Fall / early Winter.  This line has had a couple of unmanned, runaway train incidents recently.

The commuter rail has been frought with grade crossing problems.  Cars getting hit by trains because crossing signals and gates malfunctioned, plus the occasional stranded train due to locomotive failures.

The MBTA is not far from being put into receivership by the Feds.  It's a rolling dumpster fire on rails.

Biden is hellbent on taking choice away from people in pursuit of his Green Communist goal reversing the advances of Western Civilization since 1492 AD.

Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline mountaineer

Just as there's no reasonable  substitute for fossil fuels to create electricity, there's no reasonable substitute for gasoline and diesel-powered private transportation. There are no buses, no "T" out here in the sticks. If I can't drive my vehicle  into town to purchase essentials, the only option is to walk - 7 miles each way over very hilly roads. Apparently, this administration doesn't care whether we have food or medicines.

Offline libertybele

Just as there's no reasonable  substitute for fossil fuels to create electricity, there's no reasonable substitute for gasoline and diesel-powered private transportation. There are no buses, no "T" out here in the sticks. If I can't drive my vehicle  into town to purchase essentials, the only option is to walk - 7 miles each way over very hilly roads. Apparently, this administration doesn't care whether we have food or medicines.
That's where ILLEGALS have an advantage; get bused into a city and they'll put you up in a hotel.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@mountaineer

There is where you are wrong. You will just need to move into one of the new Khrushchev Apartment blocks that will be built in the cities. Then you will be able to take a bus to go shopping.

Problem solved.

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

I may invest in a golf cart!!