Author Topic: First New Hampshire Poll Delivers Unexpected Result Between Ron DeSantis and Donald Trump  (Read 543 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
First New Hampshire Poll Delivers Unexpected Result Between Ron DeSantis and Donald Trump
By Bonchie | Jun 22, 2022 1:00 PM ET

We haven’t even had the 2022 election yet and talk of 2024 is already heating up. Naturally, Donald Trump remains at the top of the conversation on the Republican side, but Ron DeSantis has become nearly as talked about as a probable challenger.

The latter has burst onto the scene the last two years as a no-nonsense, fighter of a governor who also has a knack for making the liberal press look ridiculous. Those are skills that GOP voters love, and they’ve earned DeSantis high marks nationally from the Republican base. That he’s also become the leader in the culture wars has only caused his star to rise further.

Just how far has he risen? The first primary poll out of New Hampshire delivered a stunning result on Wednesday, showing DeSantis leading Donald Trump and beating Joe Biden in a general election matchup. Trump is losing by seven points to Biden in the same poll.

https://twitter.com/stella2020woof/status/1539631500471242758

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/06/22/first-new-hampshire-poll-delivers-unexpected-result-between-ron-desantis-and-donald-trump-n582423
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

The 9% Pence would go to DeSantis as would the 6% Haley.  That puts him at 54%.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Polly Ticks

Unexpected by whom? 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
As soon as Mr. Trump declares his:
1. intent to run,
and
2. that he considers Ron DeSantis to be his first choice for vice president,

... these numbers will mean nothing.

Offline Kamaji

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
As soon as Mr. Trump declares his:
1. intent to run,
and
2. that he considers Ron DeSantis to be his first choice for vice president,

... these numbers will mean nothing.
While I think De Santis is invaluable as Governor of FL, I think that would be a winning combination with potential for a 12 year GOP run in the White House.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

While I think De Santis is invaluable as Governor of FL, I think that would be a winning combination with potential for a 12 year GOP run in the White House.
Not gonna happen.  Trump can't share the spotlight with anyone.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
That poll was taken prior to the Roe decision.  I would suspect Trump would come out on top considering this decision.  It is huge, and this exonerates Trump for any aw-sh*t he is tagged with.