Author Topic: Nearly Half Say Abortion Will Stay Legal In Their State Even If Roe V. Wade Is Overturned: I&I/TIPP  (Read 674 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nearly Half Say Abortion Will Stay Legal In Their State Even If Roe V. Wade Is Overturned: I&I/TIPP Poll
Terry Jones
June 23, 2022

The 1973 Roe v. Wade abortion decision, it’s fair to say, is one of the most divisive in the history of the U.S. Supreme Court. And the media have largely played up that divisiveness. But a new I&I/TIPP Poll shows that while Americans show deep splits over abortion, their opinions about the controversial medical procedure are far more nuanced than media accounts suggest.

A new Supreme Court ruling on Roe is due any day now. Based on a leaked draft of an earlier version of that decision, it seems highly likely that Roe will be overturned.

With this in mind, the I&I/TIPP Poll asked Americans what they thought would happen if Roe was overturned, and whether they thought abortion should be legal or illegal.

A substantial share — 46% — of the 1,310 adults who responded to the online poll (which was taken from June 8-10 and has a margin of error of +/-2.8 percentage points) said that, even if Roe were overturned, abortions would “remain legal in some states of the nation.”

But 28% said they thought it would be “illegal in all states of the nation.” And a further 26% said they were “not sure,” for a total combined of 54% saying “illegal/not sure.”

more
https://issuesinsights.com/2022/06/23/nearly-half-say-abortion-will-stay-legal-in-their-state-even-if-roe-v-wade-is-overturned-ii-tipp-poll/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline The_Reader_David

And this complete misunderstanding of the effect of overturning Roe is why the pro-abortion faction is always quoting the percentage of people in surveys who object to overturning Roe, rather than the percentage who want any particular limit on abortions (there being substantial a majority who would want limits on abortion, ranging from an outright ban to a threat-to-life-of-the-mother and rape and incest exceptions, to a ban after 20 or 12 weeks except in cases of threat to life of the mother).

They're happy to have the 2/3 or so of the 28% who wrongly think it would immediately ban all abortions, but who would prefer a 12 or 20 week limit, lumped with the people who actually agree with them and want abortion on demand up until the moment of birth
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.