Author Topic: Granholm Summons Oil Execs to Emergency Meeting on Gas Prices  (Read 833 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Granholm Summons Oil Execs to Emergency Meeting on Gas Prices

23 Jun 20229

June 23 (UPI) — President Joe Biden’s top energy officer was scheduled to meet with a number of oil executives on Thursday in an emergency session aimed at lowering gas prices in the United States, which have been around $5 per gallon for weeks.

Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm will meet with the execs mainly to encourage them to increase production. Biden sent a letter to those oil company leaders last week and urged them to hike production, which would almost certainly lower prices at the pump.

“Your companies and others have an opportunity to take immediate actions to increase the supply of gasoline, diesel, and other refined product you are producing and supplying to the United States market,” Biden wrote in the letter, which was addressed to the top executives at Chevron, ExxonMobil, Shell, Valero, Marathon, Phillips 66 and BP.

In the letter, the president criticized the oil companies for taking in record profits as American drivers are paying record prices for gasoline.

Earlier this year, Chevron and ExxonMobil reported a combined profit of nearly $12 billion during the first quarter of 2022. BP and Shell also reported sizable profits over the first three months of the year.

“Bring down the price you are charging at the pump to reflect the cost you are paying for the product. Do it now. Do it today,” Biden added in his letter. “Your customers, the American people, they need relief now.”
Several major oil producers have reported big profits so far this year after the COVID-19 pandemic pushed down national demand and prices at the pump. File Photo by Kevin Dietsch/UPI

In response, Chevron CEO Michael Wirth told Biden that the oil companies have been doing what they can to prevent excessively high prices.

“Chevron and its 37,000 employees work every day to help provide the world with the energy it demands and to lift up the lives of billions of people who rely on these supplies,” he wrote in a letter to Biden, according to The Hill.

“Notwithstanding these efforts, your administration has largely sought to criticize, and at times vilify, our industry. These actions are not beneficial to meeting the challenges we face and are not what the American people deserve.”

Several factors are keeping gas prices high, including rising summer demand, limited capacity at U.S. and foreign refineries and the Russian war in Ukraine. Moscow has made various costly moves since the fighting began in February that have removed Russian-produced oil from many world markets.

According to AAA, the national average for gasoline on Thursday was $4.94 per gallon. That’s down almost 2 cents from Wednesday and about 7 cents from a week ago.

California has the nation’s most expensive gas, at $6.36 per gallon, followed by Nevada ($5.61), Alaska ($5.59) and Hawaii ($5.56).

In another move to lower prices, Biden called on Congress on Wednesday to pass a three-month suspension of the federal gasoline tax. The federal government charges a tax of about 18 cents per gallon for gasoline and 24 cents per gallon for diesel fuel.

If Congress authorizes a gas-tax holiday, the move would shave those amounts off the cost of fuel nationwide. States also impose their own gas tax, which varies in cost. California has the steepest tax, at nearly 70 cents per gallon. All gas taxes finance a range of infrastructure-related projects, such as bridge and road repairs and maintenance.

Biden also called on states to suspend their gas taxes temporarily this summer to bring relief to motorists.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/news/top-u-s-energy-official-to-hold-emergency-meeting-with-oil-execs-in-bid-to-lower-gas-prices/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Granholm Summons Oil Execs to Emergency Meeting on Gas Prices
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 03:25:05 pm »
Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm: ‘I Just Don’t Know’ What Oil Companies Need to Boost Gas Production

President Joe Biden’s energy secretary, Jennifer Granholm, expressed ignorance ahead of a high-profile meeting with executives, stating she does not know what oil companies need to produce more gasoline.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/06/23/energy-secretary-jennifer-granholm-just-dont-know-what-oil-companies-need-boost-gas-production/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 03:35:02 pm »
Another dummy in Biden's "How to run a country for Dummies"
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 03:37:12 pm »
Jennifer Granholm: ‘I Just Don’t Know’ What Oil Companies Need to Boost Gas Production

Then maybe she should ask the Secretary of Energy.  Oh, wait .  .  .  .
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 03:40:43 pm »
June 23 (UPI) — President Joe Biden’s top energy officer was scheduled to meet with a number of oil executives on Thursday in an emergency session aimed at lowering gas prices in the United States, which have been around $5 per gallon for weeks.

This ain't rocket surgery.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2022, 03:53:27 pm »
To understand what a lightweight this Granholm is, just spend a few minutes hearing her testimony on Capitol Hill last month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yXmLCC8Q7U

She could have been an outstanding stand-in for Greg Abbott last year when he tried to explain why he in emphasizing wind and solar generation instead of reliable power generation from coal, nuclear of natural gas did not cause the devastating loss of energy in Texas.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 03:57:08 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2022, 04:03:29 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

Your initial post of the video above had a start time at the end of the URL (e.g. 't=2800').  What was that number in your original link?  Thanks.

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2022, 04:14:04 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

Your initial post of the video above had a start time at the end of the URL (e.g. 't=2800').  What was that number in your original link?  Thanks.
Couldn't get it posted correctly.  It was Q by Senator Marshall of Kansas 43:17 which rebutted her claim that no policy of the gov has increased gas prices and that 94% of oil and gas CEOs agreed with her.  She also said the oil and gas companies are the ones that stopped increasing oil and gas in order to enrich shareholders.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 04:15:31 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2022, 05:06:48 pm »
Here ya go:

« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 05:07:47 pm by Hoodat »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2022, 05:12:39 pm »
Good thing I am not on the board of the company I retired from.  I'd be telling this bitch to go pound sand.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2022, 05:25:26 pm »
Man with her there it will be like being questioned by a house plant. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2022, 05:26:19 pm »
Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm: ‘I Just Don’t Know’ What Oil Companies Need to Boost Gas Production

President Joe Biden’s energy secretary, Jennifer Granholm, expressed ignorance ahead of a high-profile meeting with executives, stating she does not know what oil companies need to produce more gasoline.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/06/23/energy-secretary-jennifer-granholm-just-dont-know-what-oil-companies-need-boost-gas-production/

:facepalm2:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2022, 05:39:21 pm »
I've contacted API to remind them that they need to make sure the meeting is filmed and documented before the Biden admin. distorts and lies about the event.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2022, 05:45:50 pm »
Good thing I am not on the board of the company I retired from.  I'd be telling this bitch to go pound sand.

Don't let that stop you.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2022, 08:05:06 pm »
Now the magic of the Biden rule is revealed and his picked people in charge are just like Joe, dumb as a box of rocks except qhen casting blame for doing what they have done.  When the guns get taken away, and martial law is enforced, we'll see a quick about face, as real fascism grips the land lie an iron fist.  The stooges that aided and abetted the desolation will crawl even further under rocks and expound great denials of their handiwork/words.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2022, 08:13:42 pm »
Being a "clean energy" enthusiast does not qualify a person to write energy policy or lead a government agency.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2022, 08:48:52 pm »
I've contacted API to remind them that they need to make sure the meeting is filmed and documented before the Biden admin. distorts and lies about the event.
Really good idea.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2022, 08:51:40 pm »

Absolutely.

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2022, 10:21:47 pm »
Being a "clean energy" enthusiast does not qualify a person to write energy policy or lead a government agency.
Unfortunately, Texas's Governor Abbott has that same enthusiasm, which caused many deaths and much destruction as he used his position to further solar and wind rather than rational reliable energy projects.