Author Topic: Collins beats out Trump-backed Vernon Jones for Georgia GOP House nod  (Read 768 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Collins beats out Trump-backed Jones for Georgia GOP House nod
by Max Greenwood - 06/21/22 7:56 PM ET

Republican Mike Collins is projected to win the GOP nomination Tuesday to represent Georgia’s 10th Congressional District, overcoming former President Trump’s preferred candidate, former state Rep. Vernon Jones, in a primary runoff.

The Associated Press called the race at 7:53 p.m. ET.

Collins, a trucking company owner, took the first-place spot in a June 24 primary against Jones and several other Republicans. But he fell short of the majority support needed to win the nomination outright, finishing just 4 points ahead of Jones.

Jones, a former Democrat, had previously sought the Republican nomination for Georgia governor, but dropped out of that race after Trump promised to endorse him in the 10th District contest.

Collins, meanwhile, scored the endorsement of Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R) last week, effectively turning the primary runoff into a proxy war between Trump and the state’s Republican chief executive.

Georgia’s 10th District heavily favors Republicans, meaning Collins’ win puts him on track to easily win the seat in November.

Collins’ win is only the latest blow to Trump’s endorsing power in Georgia. The former president threw his support behind several Republican challengers ahead of the June 24 primaries, but notched few victories.

Of particular note was Kemp’s victory in the GOP gubernatorial primary. Trump had endorsed former Sen. David Perdue (R-Ga.) in the race, but Kemp easily won renomination.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3530527-collins-beats-out-trump-backed-jones-for-georgia-gop-house-nod/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

McCormick beat Evans for my 6th District.   Establishment RINOs have made a clean sweep throughout the State.  I am seriously contemplating voting for the Dem SoS candidate in November.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

What in heaven's name is wrong with Georgia?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Dominion voting machines.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Looks like one of the best conservatives (Mo Brooks) is going down to Trump RINO pick Katie... She is pro-abortion, pro-gas taxes, she supported liberal Doug Jones. Thanks Trump, you arsehole. Let's Go Brandon gets a equal chant of Lets Go Dumbo from me. So mad I can't see straight.
 9999hair out0000
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 02:56:55 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Lando Lincoln

Open primaries.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Kamaji

Online rustynail

Never-Trump is gaining ground fast.  This could be the end for Trump and MAGA.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Never-Trump is gaining ground fast.  This could be the end for Trump and MAGA.

One state does not an election make.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline The_Reader_David

Georgian Republicans are offended that Trump tried to pressure their SoS into engaging in vote fraud.  "Just find [I forget the number, but it was in the tens of thousands] votes," as the recorded conversation revealed.  Just finding votes is something the 'Rats do.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Open primaries.

And failure to enforce its election laws.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

Corrupt parties on both sides.  I don't believe anything about the election results.  Tens of thousands of ballots went missing in the earlier election a few weeks back.  And not one state elected official even blinked.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Georgia is on the verge of turning blue.
That will have to wait until Big Stacey wins...