Author Topic: Is Overturning Roe Going to Abort GOP Chances In Midterms?  (Read 243 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Is Overturning Roe Going to Abort GOP Chances In Midterms?
« on: June 21, 2022, 02:32:52 pm »
Is Overturning Roe Going to Abort GOP Chances In Midterms?
Although the GOP may not devastate the Democrats in November, their association with pro-lifers will not be the key reason.
By Paul Gottfried
June 20, 2022

Ron Hart, a self-described “op-ed humorist,” begins a column about abortion rights as follows: “Just when you thought the Republicans would roll over the hapless Dems in November and restore some sanity to government, the Supreme Court decides to monkey with Roe v. Wade.” After this introduction, we are flooded with what are now predictable charges against those who want to limit abortion rights. Please note that, according to Hart, any restriction on feticide violates the principle “my body, my choice.” He considers Roe to be nonnegotiable, and we are assured that 60 percent of the American people feel the same way.

Like Hart, these Americans understand “that men should not decide what women should do with their bodies. If men could get pregnant, abortion would be made available in vending machines.” Hart offers his hypothetical about how males would react if they faced the prospect of bearing children. Since we are dealing here with a counterfactual, let’s just ignore it and go on to Hart’s more thought-worthy assertions.

While about 59 percent of respondents to various polls believe that Roe v. Wade should remain in force, 57 percent of Americans also believe that abortion should only be legal in “a few circumstances” or else not legal at all. These findings clash with the majority approval expressed for Roe, a judicial decision that permits abortion well into the third trimester.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2022/06/20/is-overturning-roe-going-to-abort-gop-chances-in-midterms/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Is Overturning Roe Going to Abort GOP Chances In Midterms?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 03:50:18 pm »
For some Roe V Wade is a singular voting issue.  For most Putting Food on the table, gas in their cars, keeping the A/C running is what people will vote for everytime.

Killing an unborn baby is not on their short list of must haves.

But libs think it is.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2022, 06:33:09 pm »
We've entered into a long stretch of economic turmoil.  The SCOTUS decision comes down within a couple of weeks, but the election is four and a half months out.  I have to believe the average voter will turn back to the economy by August.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2022, 06:36:45 pm »
We've entered into a long stretch of economic turmoil.  The SCOTUS decision comes down within a couple of weeks, but the election is four and a half months out.  I have to believe the average voter will turn back to the economy by August.

And particularly into October and November, as home heating bills begin to skyrocket.