Author Topic: Biden refutes the inevitability of a recession despite economists’ gloomy forecasts  (Read 388 times)

Offline libertybele

I can't believe Yellen's 'infinite wisdom' saying that it's going to take "luck" to control inflation.  At least she and Joe are in agreement.  22222frying pan

Biden refutes the inevitability of a recession despite economists’ gloomy forecasts

President Biden on Monday doubled down on his administration’s mantra that an economic recession isn’t an inevitability despite widespread fears to the contrary.

“There’s nothing inevitable about a recession,” Mr. Biden told reporters Monday during a stroll down the beach in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.

The comments echo those of Treasury Secretary Janet L. Yellen who acknowledged during an appearance on ABC News’s “This Week” on Sunday that “inflation is unacceptably high,” but said a recession is not a foregone conclusion.

“Clearly, inflation is unacceptably high. It’s President Biden’s top priority to bring it down,” she said.

She also said that while it is “going to take skill and luck” for Federal Reserve Chair Jerome H. Powell to control inflation while buoying the job market, it is possible.

Economists warn that the Federal Reserve’s aggressive moves to control inflation threaten to trigger an economic downturn.............

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/jun/20/efforts-buoy-economy-take-skill-and-luck-yellen-sa/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Biden scolds reporter on beach for asking if recession is inevitable

As Americans struggle to keep their heads above water amid inflation-fueled price hikes, a beach-strolling President Biden lashed out at a reporter Monday for daring to ask about the possibility of a US recession.

Asked on the sand near his vacation home in Rehoboth Beach, Del., about economic experts “saying a recession is more likely than ever,” Biden barked: “Not — the majority of them aren’t saying that. Come on, don’t make things up, OK?

“Now you sound like a Republican politician,” the president griped, before realizing how he came off and insisting, “I’m joking. That was a joke.”............

https://nypost.com/2022/06/20/biden-scolds-reporter-on-beach-for-asking-if-recession-is-inevitable/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Recessions are a normal part of the ups and downs in the economy. What worries me about this one is we have people who believe more regulations and taxes and spending will cure what ails the economy. Reagan believed the opposite
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 11:57:01 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy