Author Topic: VP Harris botches Juneteenth history lesson about ‘400 years of slavery’  (Read 636 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 VP Harris botches Juneteenth history lesson about ‘400 years of slavery’
By Steven Nelson   
June 20, 2022 4:24pm

Vice President Kamala Harris bungled a history lesson about the Juneteenth holiday Monday, telling kids that black people were enslaved in America for 400 years — overstating the actual time period by more than 150 years.

“I think that we all know today is a day to celebrate the principle of freedom,” Harris told a group of about two dozen elementary school-aged children at the National Museum of African American History & Culture in Washington. “And think about it in terms of the context of history, knowing that black people in America were not free for 400 years of slavery.”

“Let this be a day that is a day to celebrate the principle of freedom, but to speak about it honestly and accurately, both in the context of history and current application,” Harris went on during her apparently extemporaneous remarks.

The first African slaves in what became the American colonies arrived in 1619 in Virginia. Slavery was abolished through the 13th Amendment, which was ratified in 1865 — ending 246 years of the practice, not 400.

A White House official acknowledged Harris’ error, telling The Post that “the vice president was referring to 400 years since slavery began.”

more w/video
https://nypost.com/2022/06/20/kamala-harris-botches-juneteenth-history-lesson-on-slavery/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

I wonder if she talked about how her ancestors owned slaves? My guess is she didn't.

Offline LMAO

Is there anything Harris doesn’t botch?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

I have to laugh --- that was my exact question.  She's not even demented and she botches everything!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Slavery? Slavery is, you know, a thing where people are slaves, okay? Right? Slaves. And today, as we all know, Republicans even in America still practice slavery, and it's not a good thing. Not good. Slavery. And now is the time, it is the time, to end slavery and set people free for the first time ever, because for 400 years people of color have been enslaved - slaves - to the very wealthiest Americans, and the time is now to end it, once and for all. Because it's slavery. Right? (cackle)
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Killer Clouds

Slavery? Slavery is, you know, a thing where people are slaves, okay? Right? Slaves. And today, as we all know, Republicans even in America still practice slavery, and it's not a good thing. Not good. Slavery. And now is the time, it is the time, to end slavery and set people free for the first time ever, because for 400 years people of color have been enslaved - slaves - to the very wealthiest Americans, and the time is now to end it, once and for all. Because it's slavery. Right? (cackle)
That sounds like Kamelass.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
We need to consult Downtown Browns willy
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

We need to consult Downtown Browns willy

Lol

I think you found something she can do well
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Slavery, I mean slavery and being a slave, is bad ... Riiight? (waving her arms around with an air of authority) When you see slavery, (her very parents owned slaves, Kamala grew up with actual slaves) then you know that slavery is bad. And slavery being bad is not good for America. It, slavery, is bad, and we should discuss the badness of how bad slavery is now, and could possibly be... later.

There is SLAVERY today, RIGHT NOW this very minute all over the world by a hundred different countries. And yet the pampered and coddled American Black people like to pretend that slavery only ever happened in America, and only American Blacks have ever been slaves. There are Black slaves to Black owners all over Africa right now, today at this very minute not 200 years ago.

If you are waiting for a Leftist Communist Democrats to address "real slavery" in the world today, unfortunately that is never going to happen. Remember that Democrats were the slave owners. Democrats are slavery. They cannot speak against their own foundation, unless it gives them money and power.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Kamaji

The first slave in the U.S. was owned by another black man.  Put that in your BLM-pipe and smoke it.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
"400 years of slavery" is the most STUPID thing ever.
Slavery has existed since the beginning of time. And it started in Africa.
There is no culture that has ever existed on Earth which did not have 'slaves'.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Harris is quoting this .....

The 1619 Project is an ongoing initiative from The New York Times Magazine that began in August 2019, the four hundredth anniversary of the beginning of American slavery. It is led by Pulitzer Prize–winning journalist Nikole Hannah-Jones, along with New York Times Magazine editor-in-chief Jake Silverstein and editors Ilena Silverman and Caitlin Roper.

Offline mountaineer

Kommiela was raised in Berkeley, California, and Montreal, Canada. Not surprising she's ignorant of U.S. history.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Kommiela was raised in Berkeley, California, and Montreal, Canada. Not surprising she's ignorant of U.S. history.

She's not ignorant of US history, she's helping to rewrite it.

Offline Kamaji

Most likely mainly due to the Berkeley influence.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The 400 years obsession with Blacks and their Leftist Communist controllers, comes from the Bible.
Essentially, racist Black Leftists are trying to take the place of Jews -- descendants of Abraham.
They never say 450 years. They never say 401 years. It is always 400 years. (Genesis 15:13-16)
If American Black want to pretend to be Jewish Slaves -- well that is just weird. Funny, but weird.
So now American Blacks are actually Jews? Mormons are Jews? Everybody is a Jew ...
I guess. Except when it comes to actually being Jewish. Then they are all missing.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jason Whitlock Tells Tucker Carlson What Juneteeth Is Really About

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klAbtsJCo7g&t=1s&ab_channel=JulioRosas
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34