Author Topic: How Much Did the Cornyn Gun Surrender Cost the GOP? by Scott McKay  (Read 229 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How Much Did the Cornyn Gun Surrender Cost the GOP?

Stupid Party Republicans like Texas Sen. John Cornyn are giving Democrats every reason to feel optimistic about their chances this November.

by Scott McKay
June 19, 2022, 11:33 PM

In the long run, the answer might be: not much. But this column warned the Stupid Party Republican crowd in the U.S. Senate not to sell out their voters on guns, and they ignored the advice, and right about now it’s pretty clear this column was correct.

We can say that because here’s the latest Rasmussen poll on the generic congressional ballot…

A generic Republican candidate shows a slight five-point lead against a generic Democrat, shrinking four points since the previous week, in the latest Rasmussen Reports poll released Friday.

As the Republicans look to retake control of Congress in the 2022 midterm elections only 143 days away, the most recent Rasmussen Reports survey showed that 46 percent of likely U.S. voters would elect a Republican, compared to the 41 percent who said they would vote for the Democrat.

Only four percent said they would vote for some other candidate, and the other nine percent said they were not sure. However, the GOP’s lead shrunk by four points from the previous week when the lead spread nine points, 48 percent to 39 percent.

What else happened in America over the course of the past week that would bolster the Democrats’ hopes of retaking Congress? Word of an economic recovery on the way? Did we go and win a war somewhere?

Nope. Falling off four points in the generic ballot while everything the Democrat Party is doing becomes more and more manifestly disastrous can only be the product of your own voters’ disgust with you.

And maybe giving the Democrats a win they can take to their people.

Why give the Democrats a win in the middle of a massively important election year?

Other than that you’re stupid and weak, that is.

more
https://spectator.org/how-much-did-the-cornyn-gun-surrender-cost-the-gop/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

There are bigger issues that are going to drive the midterms this year than guns. But it is an example of how we still have too many in the GOP that think getting good press in the New York Times is more important than representing their voters
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I never underestimate the ability of the GOP to take a sure electoral landslide and foul it up by diverting from long stances on seminal issues for their base.

When the chips are down, they almost always seem to crap in their mess kit.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

There are bigger issues that are going to drive the midterms this year than guns. But it is an example of how we still have too many in the GOP that think getting good press in the New York Times is more important than representing their voters
You are talking about Cornyn, the Texas Senator, who aspires to replace McConnell as GOP leader.

He has prostituted himself of conservative and Texas values in order to achieve his political power.

A pure DC creature

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I never underestimate the ability of the GOP to take a sure electoral landslide and foul it up by diverting from long stances on seminal issues for their base.

When the chips are down, they almost always seem to crap in their mess kit.

That is for certain.  Two issues that the GOP needs to NOT buckle on: the 2A and abortion.  Showing solidarity on those two issues IMO will win them the House and Senate.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.