Author Topic: Woke LA District Attorney strikes out in California court  (Read 782 times)

rebewranger

Woke LA District Attorney strikes out in California court
« on: June 05, 2022, 08:39:07 pm »

Woke LA District Attorney strikes out in California court
Opinion by Washington Examiner - 16h ago

As a matter of both law and good policy, the California State Court of Appeals well served the public by ruling on Thursday that left-wing Los Angeles District Attorney George Gascon actually must do his job.

Gascon, one of a bevy of district attorneys elected with financial support from radical financier George Soros or his affiliates, is turning Los Angeles into a crime-infested danger zone, with homicides at a 15-year high. This matches the experience of most Soros DAs and those who adopt similar policies, with murder rates or violent crime rates likewise rising in Philadelphia, St. Louis, Chicago, and elsewhere.

All these prosecutors openly boast that their goal is to cut incarceration numbers and sentence lengths in the name of mercy and “equity.” Never mind the lack of mercy for the victims of the increase in crime that naturally follows from letting hardened offenders walk free.

At issue for the California appeals court was a “special directive” announced by Gascon ordering deputy district attorneys not to follow the state’s “three strikes” law that mandates a prison sentence of 25 years to life for someone convicted of a third serious or violent felony. Californians enacted the law by a statewide referendum with the unambiguous language that the sentence "shall be" imprisonment for at least 25 years and that prosecutors "shall plead and prove all known prior serious or violent felony convictions." Nonetheless, directly and openly flouting that law, Gascon ordered a blanket policy of refusing to enter the prior convictions into the record.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/woke-la-district-attorney-strikes-out-in-california-court/ar-AAY5Xy1?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=7e40de4df7514ad0b5181c624363c23e
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 08:40:12 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Woke LA District Attorney strikes out in California court
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 04:45:43 pm »
Gascon has a second recall petition against him in current circulation. The first one failed to gather enough signatures. From the little I've heard, the current one is faring better and Gascon my be up for recall vote in November.

His successor in SF, Chesa Boudin, may be tossed out on his ear in the next day or two (the "actual" election day is tomorrow).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2022, 11:24:42 am »
Bill Melugin
@BillFOXLA
NEW: The campaign to recall Los Angeles DA @GeorgeGascon is reacting to the successful recall of progressive San Francisco DA Chesa Boudin. “Gascón will be walking the same plank in the near future.” @DAGasconRecall statement to @FoxNews:

12:28 AM · Jun 8, 2022
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2022, 01:54:55 pm »
Gascon has a second recall petition against him in current circulation. The first one failed to gather enough signatures. From the little I've heard, the current one is faring better and Gascon my be up for recall vote in November.

His successor in SF, Chesa Boudin, may be tossed out on his ear in the next day or two (the "actual" election day is tomorrow).

Congrats! Jethro Boudin is out!  Now he can retire to the ceement pond.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2022, 01:11:11 pm »
Los Angeles DA policy pays for funeral of cop killer
by Tori Richards, Investigative Reporter |
 | June 16, 2022 06:31 PM

Los Angeles County will pay for the funeral of a gang member who died in a police shootout after killing two officers, according to a mandate issued by beleaguered District Attorney George Gascon.

Gascon, who has been sued by his own prosecutors and blasted by law enforcement due to policies seen as anti-victim, issued a directive on Dec. 7, 2020, that funds funerals, burials, and mental health services for “individuals killed by police” and others.

“It is so far from my way of thinking [that] I can’t imagine such a concept,” former Los Angeles County District Attorney Steve Cooley told the Washington Examiner. “This is beyond disgusting. It insults the memories of the two fallen officers. Shame on Gascon.” ... Washington Examiner
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2022, 01:12:18 pm »
Los Angeles DA policy pays for funeral of cop killer
by Tori Richards, Investigative Reporter |
 | June 16, 2022 06:31 PM

Los Angeles County will pay for the funeral of a gang member who died in a police shootout after killing two officers, according to a mandate issued by beleaguered District Attorney George Gascon.

Gascon, who has been sued by his own prosecutors and blasted by law enforcement due to policies seen as anti-victim, issued a directive on Dec. 7, 2020, that funds funerals, burials, and mental health services for “individuals killed by police” and others.

“It is so far from my way of thinking [that] I can’t imagine such a concept,” former Los Angeles County District Attorney Steve Cooley told the Washington Examiner. “This is beyond disgusting. It insults the memories of the two fallen officers. Shame on Gascon.” ... Washington Examiner

You have got to be kidding me!!!

:facepalm2: