Author Topic: Swimming Governing Body Bans Males Who Have Undergone Puberty from Competing as Women  (Read 663 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Swimming Governing Body Bans Males Who Have Undergone Puberty from Competing as Women

Warner Todd Huston 19 Jun 2022

Fina, the group that governs swimming competitions worldwide, has minted new rules that exclude males who have experienced puberty from women’s competitions.

It appears that swimming has finally jumped into action to prevent the rise of another Lia Thomas.

The organization has now ruled that males who experienced puberty will be ineligible to compete as women and that only transgender athletes who claim to have transitioned from male to female before the age of 12 years will be allowed to compete, as women the BBC reported.

The group also decided to create new trans categories.

Seventy-one percent of Fina’s 152 members voted at its general congress to implement this new rule.

Fina tried to color the new policy as a way to implement “full inclusion” but not at the cost of “competitive fairness.”

“Fina’s approach in drafting this policy was comprehensive, science-based and inclusive, and, importantly, Fina’s approach emphasized competitive fairness,” said Fina executive director Brent Nowicki.

Fina President Husain Al-Musallam also noted that the rule aims to assure fairness.

“Fina will always welcome every athlete,” Al-Musallam said. “The creation of an open category will mean that everybody has the opportunity to compete at an elite level. This has not been done before, so Fina will need to lead the way. I want all athletes to feel included in being able to develop ideas during this process.”

Still, despite the way Fina presented the rule, LGBTQ activists rightly saw the rule as limiting transgender athletes, not expanding their participation. The left-wing group Athlete Ally, for instance, called the new rule “discriminatory.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2022/06/19/swimming-governing-body-bans-males-who-have-undergone-puberty-competing-women/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I can already hear the whine of the woke left spinning at 100,000 RPM.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

I can already hear the whine of the woke left spinning at 100,000 RPM.

:thumbsup:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Note the use of the words "Undergone Puberty."  They have clarified that means if a biological XY boy can be prevented from experiencing puberty via blocker drugs, he's good to compete against the XX people.

This is not the victory that was first reported, but rather a cave-in to the militant Trannies.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

Jun 20, 2022 1:24 PM EST
Female swimmers back FINA's ban on biological males competing in women's swimming
Swimming champs Emily Seebohm, Cate Campbell, and Sharron Davies led the call praising FINA's recent ban against biological males competing against women.
Joshua Young

Several high profile women swimmers have come out in support of FINA's June 19 decision to ban biological males who identify as transgender from competing in women's sports.

According to The Daily Mail, Australian swimming champions Emily Seebohm and Cate Campbell have openly praised FINA's decision. FINA is the world's largest organizer of water sports, such as the World Aquatics Championships, the World Swimming Championships, and the Swimming World Cup. ... Post Millennial
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Olympic gold medalist applauds FINA's new transgender swimming policy: 'Very definitive'
Yael Halon - Yesterday 4:54 PM
FOX News

Former Olympic gold medalist and Title IX advocate Donna de Varona applauded FINA, swimming’s international governing body, for approving a new policy that would limit the participation of transgender women from competing in high-level women's swimming events.

"I’m very proud of FINA for spending months and months and months talking to researchers, looking at science-based peer review research on the impact of puberty on male bodies and what impact that would have if you are trying to mitigate your high testosterone and if you could ever do that," the 1964 Olympic gold medalist in swimming, told "America Reports" on Monday. ... More, including video

Online mountaineer

Olympian Sharron Davies reveals death threats during ‘toxic debate’ with trans activists
By Lee Brown   
June 21, 2022 7:47am
Olympic swimming legend Sharron Davies has accused trans activists of making her life “hell” — revealing they’ve made death threats even against her child.

Davies, 59, told The Times of London that she became a vocal critic of transgender athletes competing in women’s events because she felt it was an unfair advantage similar to when the East German swimmer who beat her to gold in the 1980 Moscow Olympics later admitted to doping.

“The reason I am so vocal is I could not sit by and let that happen again,” the MBE honoree said of her ongoing campaigning.

“I thought I’d not be able to live with myself if I did not stand up and voice my opinion. But it’s been very tough.

“A very small minority of very vocal trans activists have made my life hell. They have made threats on my life, on my kid’s life,” she said. ...
Full story at NY Post