Author Topic: THE CASE FOR UNIVERSAL MILITARY OR CIVILIAN SERVICE IN AMERICA  (Read 350 times)

rebewranger

THE CASE FOR UNIVERSAL MILITARY OR CIVILIAN SERVICE IN AMERICA
Frumentarius | June 16, 2022

These are the views of this author only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Sandboxx.

It does not require great insight for us, as Americans, to realize that we are as hopelessly divided along partisan and ideological lines as perhaps we have ever been in the post-Civil War era. While we struggle with this seemingly insurmountable political strife, we are also simultaneously beset by an epidemic of never-ending gun violence. Feelings of extreme alienation and grievance felt by some amongst us, directed against various manifestations of “the other,” somehow seem only alleviated by acts of mass violence against those understood — however incomprehensibly — as posing some kind of mortal threat to the mass shooters themselves.

How do we overcome these twin illnesses within our society? How do we move toward a civic society where differences do not mean hatred and insurmountable division, but rather, are seen as healthy expressions of civic engagement and as signs of a robust democratic republic? How do we expunge these feelings of extreme alienation, hatred, and paranoia against “the other?”

I would put forward that, given the absence so far of any other effective remedy, and because I assess that the benefit would be significant in and of itself, the solution to these problems is a period of mandatory service for all Americans once they turn 18.

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/the-case-for-universal-military-service-in-america/

rebewranger

Re: THE CASE FOR UNIVERSAL MILITARY OR CIVILIAN SERVICE IN AMERICA
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2022, 04:35:50 pm »
I think, for the good of the military, white guys should be excluded.  They are terrible people who have made a mess of everything they've touched.  Just ask any woke person or hard leftist and they'll tell you.  The service should  be for gays, trannies, etc,, women (real or altered), people of color, and illegal immigrants.  Then the service will be perfect. :whistle:

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2022, 10:55:06 pm »
More social engineering.... nope...
18 to 80 everyone serves in some capacity, no exceptions and no lottery.

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2022, 11:33:52 pm »
No. The entire concept of universal conscription is fundamentally un-American.
Let it burn.