Author Topic: W.H. Council of Economic Advisers Member on Energy Price Controls: ‘All Options Are on the Table’ –  (Read 504 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
W.H. Council of Economic Advisers Member on Energy Price Controls: ‘All Options Are on the Table’ – Biden ‘Willing to Use All of His Powers’

Ian Hanchett 18 Jun 2022

On Friday’s broadcast of Bloomberg’s “Surveillance,” White House Council of Economic Advisers member Heather Boushey responded to a question on whether the White House is considering price controls on energy by stating that “all options are on the table in terms of energy.” And that President Joe Biden is “willing to use all of his powers that he has available to him to take next steps.”

Co-host Jonathan Ferro asked, “You guys are taking this very seriously. The Washington Post is out with a story this morning on a range of issues, proposals that you’re putting forward at the moment. One of them is imposing price controls and banning exports of U.S. energy, and I’d just like to know first up, how seriously we should be taking that reporting this morning.”

Boushey responded, “Well, certainly, as the president made clear over the course of this week, all options are on the table in terms of energy. He sent a letter this week to oil refiners to say, hey, you all need to do your part. And that was part of showing just how important this issue of inflation and gas prices is to the president. He understands that this affects the pocketbooks of American families all over the country, and is doing what he can to make sure that the prices that people pay at the pump are fair, even given the fact that we are in the midst of this unprovoked war by Putin in Ukraine that has upended oil markets, leading to shorter supplies and increases in prices. But one of the things we also know is that refiners are — that there’s a gap now, a growing gap between how much they are paying for the oil that they bring in and how much they are charging at the other end. That gap used to be about 50 cents, it’s now over a dollar. And so, that is one of the things that the president is focused on is this week. And then, as he said in the letter to them, he is willing to use all of his powers that he has available to him to take next steps. But he wants to talk to them first, figure out what they can do together.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/06/18/w-h-council-of-economic-advisers-member-on-energy-price-controls-all-options-are-on-the-table-biden-willing-to-use-all-of-his-powers/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Let him

More ammo for our side if he does and a good economic education for the American people
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline The_Reader_David

All options except re-approving the Keystone Pipeline, encouraging fracking and allowing oil and gas exploration on Federal lands with reasonable minimum bids for the rights at auction, and getting to work on producing and licensing small, mass-produced nuclear reactors for electricity generation.

In short, all options except those that would actually work
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

All options except re-approving the Keystone Pipeline, encouraging fracking and allowing oil and gas exploration on Federal lands with reasonable minimum bids for the rights at auction, and getting to work on producing and licensing small, mass-produced nuclear reactors for electricity generation.

:thumbsup:
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

55 mph here we come.......
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

Exactly.  We were energy independent, this economic failure lands in the laps of the DEMS and Joe.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Let him

More ammo for our side if he does and a good economic education for the American people

Provided we don't see a total collapse, there may be no coming back.  '24 is 2 years away and in the meantime Joe always has a pen and veto power.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

Provided we don't see a total collapse, there may be no coming back.  '24 is 2 years away and in the meantime Joe always has a pen and veto power.

Nah. Getting to be too late now... Summer is here, an prime campaigning time for Congress... Even Dems ain't going to do anything stupid between now and election time. And Dems are going to get rolled under as Republicans plow the ground this election... Everybody knows it.

So soon, even EOs can be stopped or slowed down, tied up in court.

Don't get me wrong... the suck ain't over... But there is good news coming.

Online Hoodat

All options on the table except for the one option that will actually work  -  Getting government the hell out of the way.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1