Author Topic: Senate gun negotiations falter AGAIN: Republican John Cornyn says Democrats have 'run out of rope' o  (Read 183 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate gun negotiations falter AGAIN: Republican John Cornyn says Democrats have 'run out of rope' on issues including red flag laws as prospects dim of passing bill by next week

Cornyn has raised concerns over a provision to fund state 'red flag' laws allowing authorities to temporarily take guns away from people deemed dangerous
     'We're about run out of our rope here,' he told host Hugh Hewitt
     Negotiators hope to get legislation to the floor next week, allowing potential Senate action before July 4th
    'Due process of law is a fundamental Constitutional right, and we’re not going to do anything to erode that, either,' Cornyn said

By Geoff Earle, Deputy U.S. Political Editor For Dailymail.com and Reuters

Published: 13:48 EDT, 15 June 2022 | Updated: 10:59 EDT, 16 June 2022

Texas Sen. John Cornyn is warning that time and policy constraints are putting pressure on negotiators who have yet to lock in on a final deal on legislation responding to recent gun massacres – and that Democrats have 'run out of rope.'

He made the comments Thursday after earlier saying the most contentious remaining issues related to state 'red flag' laws and closing the so called 'boyfriend loophole' for gun restrictions on people that currently apply to abusive spouses.

'The challenge, of course, as you know, is to translate those principles into text,' Cornyn told conservative host Hugh Hewitt on his radio show Thursday.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10920657/U-S-Senate-gun-bill-talks-hit-snag-mental-illness-abuse-provisions.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

'Due process of law is a fundamental Constitutional right, and we’re not going to do anything to erode that, either,' Cornyn said

Is it possible that the SOB actually read my scathing letter on this very subject?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien