Author Topic: Democratic senators say Biden not too old for second term  (Read 582 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Democratic senators say Biden not too old for second term
by Alexander Bolton - 06/16/22 5:29 AM ET

Democratic senators are pushing back on whispers within their party that President Biden, 79, is too old to run for a second term.

Senators say they will strongly support Biden if he opts to run for reelection, despite growing concerns over his low public approval rating and his ability to win a grueling presidential election when he will be 81 years old. 

Biden’s viability as a candidate in 2024 is becoming a hot topic of debate even though the next presidential election is more than two years away. 

The New York Times reported Sunday that many Democratic lawmakers and party officials increasingly view Biden as “an anchor that should be cut loose in 2024,” citing interviews with 50 Democratic officials.

Former chief Obama political strategist David Axelrod told the Times that Biden’s age “would be a major issue.” 

But Democratic senators are trying to stamp out talk of replacing Biden, fearful that the last thing they need heading into the 2022 midterm elections is more intraparty dissension. 

“I think it’s too soon to start that speculation. He’s got to complete this year, second year of his presidency. Then of course the speculation will grow. I can’t say at this point what I would recommend,” Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) said when asked about party officials who have privately raised misgivings about a second Biden term. 

Durbin acknowledged that Biden’s age will be a discussion in the run-up to 2024 but argued that the president is doing well, given the enormous challenges he faces on high inflation and the war in Ukraine. 

“Age is a factor for everybody, but I don’t see any evidence that he can’t perform and I think he’s doing so at the highest levels,” Durbin said. 

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3525477-democratic-senators-say-biden-should-make-call-on-second-term/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Democratic senators say Biden not too old for second term
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 05:21:48 pm »
He is too old, but the primary problem isn't his age, it's his painfully obvious incompetence, ignorance, and dementia.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2022, 05:38:40 pm »
Durbin is either blind, stupid, or a lying dog-faced pony solider.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2022, 06:03:07 pm »
He is too old, but the primary problem isn't his age, it's his painfully obvious incompetence, ignorance, and dementia.
Certainly. Just as there are some folks under the age of 70 or even 60 with dementia, there are many over 80 or even 90 who are sharp as a tack, mentally.

Joe is nearly 80 and is not in either group. He's woefully compromised, mentally, and continuing this charade is cruel and disgusting.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 01:00:06 am »
Durbin's 77, I think. Of course he's gonna say that.

Who else did they find who thinks that way?
Feinstein...?

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2022, 01:26:48 am »
Indeed. I've known people in their early 80s who are as sharp as they ever were, but I've also seen people decline rapidly in their 70s, too. Biden looks very much like the latter.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2022, 03:16:59 am »
You aren't too old to take office until you are dead.

He's incompetent, non compos mentis, and a loose cannon on a weather deck.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2022, 07:33:27 am »
In a very real sense that is true.

After all,he couldn't possibly be more senile.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2022, 07:24:30 pm »
In a very real sense that is true.

After all,he couldn't possibly be more senile.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2022, 09:17:10 pm »
As long as Mommy Jill is around to babysit, Joe will be just fine.

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1537851764623409154
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org