Author Topic: Grassley Pushes for Tax Cuts to Ease ‘Terrible Inflation’ — ‘Hurting the Middle Class’  (Read 320 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Grassley Pushes for Tax Cuts to Ease ‘Terrible Inflation’ — ‘Hurting the Middle Class’

Trent Baker 16 Jun 2022

Thursday on Fox Business Network’s “Kudlow,” Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) introduced his plan to combat the record-high inflation.

Grassley said that the “terrible inflation” was “hurting the middle class.” He emphasized that his legislation, the Middle Class Savings and Investment Act, would encourage people to be able to save during a time when inflation and gas prices were being felt by everyone.

“I’m hearing at my county meetings that says eight-and-six-tenths percent inflation and the big increases in gas are eating up everybody’s income and diluting their savings, so we’ve got to do more to encourage people to save,” Grassley outlined. “It accomplishes two things — people save, more productivity, and if they don’t spend it, it helps on the demand side. So, what we’re doing is updating legislation that I got passed in 2001 and 2003 with what we called the saver’s credit and the zero for certain tax brackets — zero on interest that they receive and then because of inflation, those dollars to help them lower- and middle-income class. It’s just less value now. We increase those tax brackets so more people can be covered, mostly to compensate for inflation on those tax brackets, and then also we double the credit from $500 to $1,000 and $2,000 … for married couples.”

“Part of the reason I’m doing this is because this terrible inflation that I’m hearing from Iowans hurting the middle class. And I think we have to target it now to where the problem is now.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/06/16/grassley-pushes-for-tax-cuts-to-ease-terrible-inflation-hurting-the-middle-class/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

You gotta cut spending; that's the only thing that's going to do it now.

Offline Killer Clouds

That's a start but fuel costs are ahuge driver and it's getting worse by the day.

Offline Hoodat

Yep.  If the government truly wants to end inflation, then they would stop printing up new money to fund their excesses.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

That's a start but fuel costs are ahuge driver and it's getting worse by the day.

High fuel costs are the result of government policy.  If government got the hell out of the way, fuel costs would fall by more than 50% within a year.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Killer Clouds

High fuel costs are the result of government policy.  If government got the hell out of the way, fuel costs would fall by more than 50% within a year.
I agree. I've said all along that the first thing that needs to be done to get the ball rolling is to reversed all Traitor Joe's EOs.

Offline Kamaji

Putting more money into the system - or, in the alternative, allowing more money to remain in the system - isn't going to stop the inflation; if anything, it will continue to increase it.

Online cato potatoe

When Grassley first entered congress, the dollar was worth $5.65.  Here's why.