Author Topic: EPA finds no safe level for two toxic 'forever chemicals,' found in many U.S. water systems  (Read 442 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
??? They are just now realizing that most of us have unsafe drinking water??  OR is this a way to shut us off from having potable water??  Will cities have to spend millions to rebuild their water systems to EPA cleaner standards, thus raising the cost of our water?  Yet another way to drain our pockets? 

EPA finds no safe level for two toxic 'forever chemicals,' found in many U.S. water systems

The Environmental Protection Agency stunned scientists and local officials across the country on Wednesday by releasing new health advisories for toxic "forever chemicals" known to be in thousands of U.S. drinking water systems, impacting potentially millions of people.

The new advisories cut the safe level of chemical PFOA by more than 17,000 times what the agency had previously said was protective of public health, to now just four "parts per quadrillion." The safe level of a sister chemical, PFOS, was reduced by a factor of 3,500. The chemicals are part of a class of chemicals called per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS), also known as forever chemicals due to their extreme resistance to disintegration. They have been linked to different types of cancer, low birthweights, thyroid disease and other health ailments.

In effect, the agency now says, any detectable amounts of PFOA and PFOS are unsafe to consume.

The announcement has massive implications for water utilities, towns, and Americans across the country.

The Environmental Working Group, a national environmental nonprofit, has tracked the presence of PFOA, PFOS, and other PFAS chemicals in drinking water. Because the chemicals are not yet officially regulated, water systems are not required to test for them. But their use for decades in a range of products such as Teflon and other nonstick cookware, clothing, food packaging, furniture, and numerous industrial processes, means they are widespread in both the environment and drinking water...........

https://www.yahoo.com/news/epa-finds-no-safe-level-170435531.html

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
EPA warns that even tiny amounts of chemicals found in drinking water pose risks

.............The toxic compounds are associated with cancer and reduced birth weight

Several states have set their own drinking water limits to address PFAS contamination that are far tougher than the federal guidance. The toxic industrial compounds are associated with serious health conditions, including cancer and reduced birth weight.

"People on the front-lines of PFAS contamination have suffered for far too long," EPA Administrator Michael Regan said in a statement. "That's why EPA is taking aggressive action as part of a whole-of-government approach to prevent these chemicals from entering the environment and to help protect concerned families from this pervasive challenge."

PFAS is short for per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances, which are used in nonstick frying pans, water-repellent sports gear, stain-resistant rugs, cosmetics and countless other consumer products. The chemical bonds are so strong that they don't degrade or do so only slowly in the environment and remain in a person's bloodstream indefinitely.........................

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/15/1105222327/epa-drinking-water-chemicals-pfas-pfoa-pfos
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
EPA warns that even tiny amounts of chemicals found in drinking water pose risks

Right before I retired 10 years ago, I remember having to deal with phasing out this stuff as fire fighting foam.  Given the nature of the material as a fire retardant agent, it made disposal crazy expensive.  If memory serves, I think we had to be pay $50K per "55-gallon drum: of the foam. 

First of all, by special run high temperature incinerator kiln temperature profiles, and then having to re-incinerate the kiln ash.

At the time, I didn't have IH or toxicology staff in my department, but I do know this stuff sure got the attention of those folks. 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 02:33:14 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Right before I retired 10 years ago, I remember having to deal with phasing out this stuff as fire fighting foam.  Given the nature of the material as a fire retardant agent, it made disposal crazy expensive.  If memory serves, I think we had to be pay $50K per "55-gallon drum: of the foam. 

First of all, by special run high temperature incinerator kiln temperature profiles, and then having to re-incinerate the kiln ash.

At the time, I didn't have IH or toxicology staff in my department, but I do know this stuff sure got the attention of those folks.

Ok, so then 'they' have known for quite some time about the contamination to most of our drinking water.

Joe & Company (Obammy, Soros and others) are out to take away everything that Americans needs to exist; jobs, food and water.

Offline rustynail