Author Topic: Familiarity with Juneteenth grows in year since federal holiday designation: Gallup  (Read 318 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Familiarity with Juneteenth grows in year since federal holiday designation: Gallup
by Monique Beals - 06/16/22 7:35 AM ET

More Americans know at least a little about Juneteenth since it was designated as a federal holiday last year, according to a poll released on Thursday.

The survey from Gallup showed that 88 percent of respondents said they knew at least a little bit about Juneteenth, compared to 71 percent in May, 2021.

More specifically, 29 percent in the new poll said they knew a little bit, 42 percent knew some and 17 percent knew a lot.

Eleven percent knew nothing at all, down from 28 percent who knew nothing in May of last year.

At that time, 34 percent knew a little bit about the holiday, 25 percent knew some and 12 percent knew a lot.

The new survey also showed that 45 percent of respondents agreed that Juneteenth should be a federal holiday, up 10 points from the 2021 poll.

Additionally, 63 percent now say public schools should teach about the day in their curriculum, up from 49 percent last year.

When broken down by race, 60 percent of white and Hispanic respondents in the new poll each said Juneteenth should be included in history curriculums, as did 86 percent of Black adults, according to Gallup.

The survey, conducted between April 24 and May 17, included 5,971 U.S. adults and has a margin of error of 2 percentage points.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/3525841-familiarity-with-juneteenth-grows-in-year-since-federal-holiday-designation-gallup/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I forgot this was a federal holiday... *****rollingeyes*****
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I'll take another holiday, I don't care. June has none.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
And that growing familiarity can be attributed entirely to the federal employees that receive one more paid holiday.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
This year I've heard virtually nothing about Father's Day, which lands on Juneteenth. What a coincidence.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024