Author Topic: The U.S. is likely to fall into recession in 2023, says survey of economists  (Read 1036 times)

Offline libertybele

Recession or depression?  I'm thinking we'll see a depression worse than the 'Great Depression' that lasted from 1929-1939.  Will we recover??

The U.S. is likely to fall into recession in 2023, says survey of economists

A U.S. recession is all but unavoidable for next year, according to a majority of leading economists in a new poll.

Nearly 70% of 49 respondents expect the National Bureau of Economic Research to declare a recession next year, according to the FT survey conducted with the Initiative on Global Markets at the University of Chicago Booth’s School of Business that published Sunday.

The Atlanta Fed’s GDPNow forecast now sees economic growth in the second quarter coming in at 0.9%, following a 1.5% contraction during the first quarter.

A third of those surveyed — results were gathered between June 6 and June 9 — see the NBER’s recession call holding off until the second half of next year, while about 40% see it during the first or second quarters of 2023. ................

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-u-s-is-likely-to-fall-into-recession-in-2023-says-survey-of-economists-11655111407?mod=home-page
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

We will recover. We always do. The question is will it be a nice robust recovery like after 1982? Or will it be a Obama era style recovery?

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Are the economists one-handed or two-handed?  Harry Truman is still seeking his elusive two-handed economist.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
MY opinion is that we are headed towards a depression that will bankrupt the nation.

That will be the cheapest AND the easiest way for the Globalists to take over. Not only won't they have to start a war that MIGHT put THEM in danger,but they get to buy it all up at bankruptcy prices.

Don't forget,economic collapses don't mean the same things to them they do to the common people. Instead of disaster,they sell them as opportunities.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline cato potatoe

I'm not sure what keeps us in positive GDP growth in Q2 of 2022.  Maybe April is propping up the next two months, when consumer sentiment cratered, and the dems finally came to recognize inflation as a problem.

Offline DB

I'm not sure what keeps us in positive GDP growth in Q2 of 2022.  Maybe April is propping up the next two months, when consumer sentiment cratered, and the dems finally came to recognize inflation as a problem.

What keeps us positive? Numbers generated by liars and fools to attempt to hide from the public what is happening due to their failed policies.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
What keeps us positive? Numbers generated by liars and fools to attempt to hide from the public what is happening due to their failed policies.

B I N G O ! ! !
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online rustynail

Then it could be the fault of the republican congress.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Utter bullshit.  We are one Quarterly release of GDP numbers away from the official designation of a "recession."  It will be official at the end of this month, June 2022.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Then it could be the fault of the republican congress.

Signs say, "You betcher sweet ass it's the fault of the Party with no power."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
We will recover. We always do. The question is will it be a nice robust recovery like after 1982? Or will it be a Obama era style recovery?

One overwhelmong factor in each subsequent major recession or correction, is where the country stands on debt incursion.  Debt to GDP ratioing is criticical is sizing up the upside of any recovery. 

Less incremental money as it funnels down from the fed limits our ability reinvest in ourselves, and thusly improved economic conditions.

UNLESS....

We invoke an austerity program of substance, and actually substantially reduce our soverign debt.

And....   I am not holding my breath anytime soon for that to happen.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!

In an hyper inflationary economy those GDP numbers actually might show up positive.  Of course the 2022 $USD might only be worth 80% of the 2020 version. 

So Bidenflation might even mask what truly is a disaster, but not look that way......   except in your bank account and wallet.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

zerohedge
@zerohedge
We are about to see a tsunami of mass layoff announcements. This table is about to be dozens of pages long. By Aug, we will have negative payrolls

8:38 AM · Jun 14, 2022
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

zerohedge
@zerohedge
We are about to see a tsunami of mass layoff announcements. This table is about to be dozens of pages long. By Aug, we will have negative payrolls

8:38 AM · Jun 14, 2022
I for one would love to see the likes of Twitter and Facebook dominate that list.

Even better, governmental employees.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

MY opinion is that we are headed towards a depression that will bankrupt the nation.

That will be the cheapest AND the easiest way for the Globalists to take over. Not only won't they have to start a war that MIGHT put THEM in danger,but they get to buy it all up at bankruptcy prices.

Don't forget,economic collapses don't mean the same things to them they do to the common people. Instead of disaster,they sell them as opportunities.

I agree and if the U.S. enters a depression and economic collapse, so will the rest of the world.  That's the end game.  People like Soros and Gates will control the populace.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

Nearly 70% of 49 respondents expect the National Bureau of Economic Research to declare a recession next year, according to the FT survey

That's 34 of 49.  The other 15 are the Paul Krugman types who use their economics degrees as an inroad into politics.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

That's 34 of 49.  The other 15 are the Paul Krugman types who use their economics degrees as an inroad into politics.

Hey... Maybe the other 15 think it will be this year instead of next year...

Offline libertybele

Hey... Maybe the other 15 think it will be this year instead of next year...

I think those other 15 are correct.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I was talking politics with a couple of lesbians I met to day at  a Subway Shop,and even THEY agreed that the goal of the DNC was to create a Stalinist World Wide Government to rule the entire world.

When the Dims lose the lesbian support,you know they are past the point of no return.

It is either beat the bastards and elect Trump and other non-Apologetic Americans come the next election,or plan to fight for your life and lose afterwards.

Thanks to generations of the welfare state sucking in uneducated parasites from Third World Countries who came here for the "free" housing,food,clothing,medical care,and montly check,not to mention the millionaires like 3rd or 4th generation farmers who whose parents and grandparents worshiped FDR as "America's Savior",conservatives are now vastly outnumbered.

BTW,I am friends with a multi-millionaire local farmer. His family somehow had the money (or connections to get it) to buy up a LOT of farms and timberland during the depression,and have expanded at every opportunity since then. IIRC,they even own a sheep ranch in Australia.

Hell,they made a lot of money hiring cheap labor to cut timberland and sell off the logs,and then clear out the stumps so they could plant crops.

Say something like "GD Dims"near him,and he will get so mad he will just stand up and walk away from you. He is so brain-washed that he actually thinks the people who slam the Dims are the ignorant ones,and not worth arguing with because they "just don't understand".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

Phil Kerpen
@kerpen
The Atlanta Fed just dropped GDP nowcast for Q2 to 0.0%.

12:42 PM · Jun 15, 2022
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org