Author Topic: Miss Universe Organization Calls for ‘Inclusive Language’ When Speaking About Periods  (Read 677 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Miss Universe Organization Calls for ‘Inclusive Language’ When Speaking About Periods

Kristina Wong 15 Jun 2022

The Miss Universe Organization on Tuesday called for people to use “inclusive language” when discussing periods.

“Inclusive language is important, especially when speaking about periods,” the organization’s social media account tweeted.

“Thinking menstrual health is only a niche topic for woman excludes transgender, non-binary and gender-nonconforming people who have periods from the conversation,” it added, along with the hashtag “#menstrualequity.”

https://twitter.com/MissUniverse/status/1536774558216245249

Ironically, the organization describes itself on its website as one that “celebrates women.”

“The Miss Universe Organization (MUO) is a global, inclusive organization that celebrates women of all cultures and backgrounds and empowers them to realize their goals through experiences that build self-confidence and create opportunities for success,” the website says under its “Who We Are” section.

It adds, “MISS UNIVERSE®, MISS USA® and MISS TEEN USA® provide the approximately 10,000 women who participate annually an international platform to affect [sic] positive change personally, professionally and philanthropically as inspirational leaders and role models.”

The tweet comes during Pride Month and as women are reportedly facing a tampon shortage in the United States, rekindling arguments from leftist activists that transgender men can have periods, too.

As Breitbart News recently reported, National Public Radio published a report this week that used the phrase “people who menstruate” instead of “women.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/06/15/miss-universe-organization-calls-inclusive-language-speaking-about-periods/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Online mountaineer

I really dislike this topic but feel compelled to weigh in: ONLY FEMALES MENSTRUATE. Just stop it with the transgender, non-binary, non-conforming crap!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

I really dislike this topic but feel compelled to weigh in: ONLY FEMALES MENSTRUATE. Just stop it with the transgender, non-binary, non-conforming crap!

:thumbsup:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

I hate it too and I don't understand why this has become the topic dujour in the media the last few days..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
She can jump on her menstrual cycle and run every tranny Fake
 bleep over.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline rustynail

What about commas and semicolons?

Offline Kamaji

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Stop, just stop it! Menstruate is so sexist!

888mouth

Online mountaineer

Punctuation is transphobic. Except for periods.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Has the National Organization for Women weighed in?

I hate it too and I don't understand why this has become the topic dujour in the media the last few days..

Probably because it's something to talk about other than what's really important to viewers.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I think those and the colons were reserved for something more hardcore...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

"Women can’t find tampons on store shelves, but men find tampons in their bathrooms. The Democrat version of America is a disgusting disaster. And everyone is sick of it."  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1537045319501942785

Online DefiantMassRINO

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online mountaineer

Women can’t find tampons on store shelves, but men find tampons in their bathrooms.
Not too long ago, I read about an elementary school putting tampons in the boys' bathrooms. Keep in the mind that very few, if any, of the little girls in that school required them, but it was really essential to give the boys access to feminine hygiene products (we may need to change the name and get rid of "feminine"). Can you imagine what goofy things they'd do with tampons? Sticking them in their noses, hanging them from their ears and generally just acting silly.