Author Topic: Fetterman leads Oz in Pennsylvania Senate race; governor’s race tight: poll  (Read 668 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Fetterman leads Oz in Pennsylvania Senate race; governor’s race tight: poll
by Max Greenwood - 06/15/22 10:09 AM ET

Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman (D) holds a 9-point lead over his Republican rival, celebrity physician Mehmet Oz, in the Pennsylvania Senate race, according to a new USA Today Network-Suffolk University poll.

The poll shows Fetterman with 46 percent support among likely voters in Pennsylvania, while Oz, whom former President Trump endorsed in April, comes in at 37 percent. Another 13 percent remain undecided in the race, with independents making up a plurality of those voters.

The survey shows Fetterman with an early edge in one of the closest-watched Senate races of the 2022 midterm election cycle and suggests that, at least for now, Democrats have a path to flipping the seat currently held by retiring Sen. Pat Toomey (R).

The poll does show that Republicans have begun to coalesce around Oz as their nominee in the days since his chief primary rival, former hedge fund CEO David McCormick, conceded the GOP nod to the Trump-backed doctor. Seventy-six percent of Republican voters say they support Oz in the general election.

Republican voters also appear more motivated than Democrats, with 73 percent of respondents who identified as GOP voters saying they are either “extremely” or “very” interested in the Senate race, compared to 68 percent of Democrats.

Among all voters, the economy remains the top issue in the election, which could bode poorly for Democrats at a time of rising inflation and fears of a looming recession.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3524348-fetterman-leads-oz-in-pennsylvania-senate-race-governors-race-tight-poll/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The Pennsylvania Caveman could die before the election and still get the rat sympathy vote and win.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The Pennsylvania Caveman could die before the election and still get the rat sympathy vote and win.

There's a precedent for that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I personally don't think there is a dimes worth of difference between them.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

]I personally don't think there is a dimes worth of difference between them.
Just a few. Oz isn't a drug-addict nor a caveman, so he has that going for him. On the issues, Fetterman is another Bernie Sanders. Oz probably is more Mitt Romney.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Right_in_Virginia

Conservative social media really damaged Oz during the primaries .... without making the case for one of his GOP opponents.

Now they're strutting like peacocks because they think this poll proves them right.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 07:13:46 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
That's what Republicans get when they nominate a muslim turk to be the candidate...

Online cato potatoe

Trump sure knows how to pick em.  If he wins the presidency, we can look forward to Oz in some cabinet position, undermining everything the administration does.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Just a few. Oz isn't a drug-addict nor a caveman, so he has that going for him. On the issues, Fetterman is another Bernie Sanders. Oz probably is more Mitt Romney.

You are a lot closer than I @mountaineer so I will defer to your good judgment.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

Trump sure knows how to pick em.  If he wins the presidency, we can look forward to Oz in some cabinet position, undermining everything the administration does.

That's been Trump's biggest downfall; his selection of people. Kushner, Sessions, Barr, to name a few.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

That's been Trump's biggest downfall
He listens to the wrong people, whether his son-in-law or Sean Hannity.

Online Right_in_Virginia

He listens to the wrong people, whether his son-in-law or Sean Hannity.

Was there a GOP candidate in the race who could win the general election @mountaineer

Online mountaineer

Was there a GOP candidate in the race who could win the general election ?
Do you mean in the GOP Pa. Senate primary? Dave McCormick came within a few hundred votes of defeating Oz. I'm not sure how much of a true conservative he was, but I suspect he may have been a bit better than the good doctor. Oz and McCormick had money behind them (and Oz had great name recognition), which the conservatives in the primary race lacked.