Author Topic: Granholm: Overregulations on Oil Refineries Not Causing Supply Issue — ‘Something Else Is Going on’  (Read 292 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Granholm: Overregulations on Oil Refineries Not Causing Supply Issue — ‘Something Else Is Going on’

Trent Baker 15 Jun 2022

Wednesday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm pushed back against the notion that there were too many regulations on oil refineries, and that was behind the lack of production.

Host Joe Scarborough asked Granholm if President Joe Biden should “level with the American people” and admit that overregulation was an issue.

Granholm replied that regulations were not behind the lack of production. She argued that “something else is going on,” pointing out that the price of oil per barrel had remained around the same amount.

“[L]et me just say, Joe, it’s not that the regulations are on oil refineries — 80% of the oil refining came off the market before Joe Biden took office. It’s a global issue as well,” Granholm outlined. “It’s not just a regulatory issue. Some of those refineries flipped over to do biofuels.”

She continued, “And the president is saying, you know, in March — just as an example, Joe — in March, the price of oil per barrel on the global market was about $120. And in March, people in the United States were paying about $4.25 a gallon. Today, the price of oil on the global market is about $120. Same price, but we’re paying 75 cents or more at the pump. Why is that? And so, the president is just asking these refiners, which of course, are owned by these oil and gas companies, to increase supply. And if you can’t, tell us how we can help to make sure we increase supply in the way we can.”

“We’re not against profit,” Granholm added. “It’s just that when you have a 225% increase in profit year over year in quarter one, I mean, it just tells you something else is going on.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/06/15/granholm-overregulations-on-oil-refineries-not-causing-supply-issue-something-else-is-going-on/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

This woman was a failure as governor. Why would you put someone like that in charge of our energy policy?

They will never admit that they made a mistake because they have this 2030 or 2035 target date for no fossil fuels. If they admitted they were wrong now that goes away
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Apparently the woke left has it's own QAnon style network.
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Killer Clouds

Granholm is an idiot on the level of Traitor Joe. His whole administration is as stupid as he is if not worse. The only people that are worse are the DCP sheeple that keep putting them back in office. According to worthless polls 33% of the voters currently are complete morons.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I call EPA Shenanigans!

U.S. EPA sets 2020-2022 biofuel blending mandates, denies refiners waivers
By Stephanie Kelly and Jarrett Renshaw
https://www.reuters.com/markets/commodities/exclusive-us-epa-expected-issue-biofuel-blending-volumes-2022-below-proposed-2022-06-03/

NEW YORK, June 3 (Reuters) - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency on Friday issued biofuel blending mandates for 2022 and the prior two years - with this year's number below one proposed in December - while denying oil refiners waivers to be exempt from the requirements. ...

How do you like them over-regulations on oil refineries?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright