Author Topic: Biden's Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm insists high gas prices are 'a very compelling case' to b  (Read 339 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden's Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm insists high gas prices are 'a very compelling case' to buy an electric car: Official is worth $8million and recently exercised $1.6m stock option in electric car company

Granholm, in a clip surfaced Tuesday, made the case for going electric amid sky high gas prices

'If you filled up your EV [electric vehicle] and you filled up your gas tank with gasoline, you would save $60 per fill-up,' she said 

Granholm made similar points in a White House press briefing in May 2021. ‘If you drive an electric car, this would not be affecting you,’ she said then

Granholm, who is worth $8million according to Forbes

Last month she also exercised stock options in Proterra, an electric vehicle company where she served as a director

She ended up pocketing $1.6million on the transaction, according to an energy department spokesperson

By Stephen M. Lepore For Dailymail.Com

Published: 21:39 EDT, 14 June 2022 | Updated: 22:34 EDT, 14 June 2022

President Joe Biden's Secretary of Energy Jennifer Granholm became the latest Democratic politician to suggest the solution to high gas prices was to buy an electric vehicle.

Granholm, in a clip tweeted out by the Republican National Committee Tuesday, made the case for going electric amid sky high gas prices.

'If you filled up your EV [electric vehicle] and you filled up your gas tank with gasoline, you would save $60 per fill-up by going electric rather than using gasoline but it's a very compelling case, but again, we want to bring down the price at the point of purchase,' Granholm, the former governor of Michigan, said.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10917667/Biden-Energy-insists-high-gas-prices-compelling-case-buy-electric-vehicle.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Jennifer Granholm JAFI

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Because oil and electricity are on two different demand curves right now, and electric cars are few and not adding that much to electricity demand at the moment.

That will change quick if everyone jumps to EV's.
The Republic is lost.

Online LMAO

If you were to elect me president today, I would choose somebody for energy secretary who knew something about energy production and how to get it on market. I would never appoint somebody who not only had no understanding whatsoever of energy but was hostile to it.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Killer Clouds

Because oil and electricity are on two different demand curves right now, and electric cars are few and not adding that much to electricity demand at the moment.

That will change quick if everyone jumps to EV's.

This is already starting to become a problem in Kalifornia.  Kalifornia has a problem keeping up with the normal demand of electricity and EVs just add to the problem.

Offline Kamaji