Author Topic: Pavlich: Merrick Garland’s dereliction of duty  (Read 167 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pavlich: Merrick Garland’s dereliction of duty
« on: June 15, 2022, 01:05:17 pm »
 Pavlich: Merrick Garland’s dereliction of duty
by Katie Pavlich, opinion contributor - 06/15/22 7:45 AM ET

Last week Attorney General Merrick Garland, prompted by a question from a reporter, pledged to protect Supreme Court justices and their families.

“This kind of behavior is obviously, we will not tolerate it,” Garland said. “Last month I met with the Marshal of the [Supreme] Court, I convened a meeting with her, as well as the deputy director of the FBI, the director of the [U.S.] Marshals Service and with our own law enforcement, our own prosecutors to ensure every degree of protection available is possible.” 

But with the final Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization decision looming and increased violence since a draft of the opinion was leaked in May, Garland isn’t enforcing federal law.

Title 18, Section 1507 of the U.S. Code, on picketing or parading, states: “Whoever, with the intent of interfering with, obstructing, or impeding the administration of justice, or with the intent of influencing any judge, juror, witness, or court officer, in the discharge of his duty, pickets or parades in or near a building housing a court of the United States, or in or near a building or residence occupied or used by such judge, juror, witness, or court officer, or with such intent uses any sound-truck or similar device or resorts to any other demonstration in or near any such building or residence, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.”

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/3523807-pavlich-merrick-garlands-dereliction-of-duty/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Pavlich: Merrick Garland’s dereliction of duty
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2022, 01:07:11 pm »
I am so glad that sh*tbi*rd didn't get on the Court.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 01:09:35 pm »
I am so glad that sh*tbi*rd didn't get on the Court.

:thumbsup:

However, maybe his ulterior motive here is that, if he stands aside and does nothing while a lib/prog assassin goes after the current justices, that Biden will then nominate him for the empty seat.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2022, 01:10:10 pm »
:thumbsup:

However, maybe his ulterior motive here is that, if he stands aside and does nothing while a lib/prog assassin goes after the current justices, that Biden will then nominate him for the empty seat.
That crossed my mind, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis