Author Topic: Here's what it might be like to travel on a double decker airplane seat  (Read 787 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Here's what it might be like to travel on a double decker airplane seat
Francesca Street, CNN • Updated 14th June 2022

Chaise Longue: Airplane seat designer Alejandro Núñez Vicente reckons his double-decker airplane seat could revolutionize budget air travel. CNN went to the 2022 Aircraft Interiors Expo in Hamburg to try it out.

Hamburg (CNN) — Flying economy for any extended period of time is an experience usually endured rather than enjoyed, but one airplane seat designer reckons his design could revolutionize budget travel.
Alejandro Núñez Vicente's Chaise Longue Airplane Seat concept started small scale last year, as a college project for the then 21-year-old. A nomination in the 2021 Crystal Cabin Awards -- a top prize in the aviation industry -- swiftly followed, and the design became the focus of a flurry of online attention following a CNN Travel article.

Since then, Núñez Vicente's been making waves in the world of aviation. He's paused his master's degree to pursue the project full time. He's in talks with big-name airlines and seat manufacturing companies. He's been granted some hefty investment that's allowed the project to develop.
But while some marvel at Núñez Vicente's innovation, others recoil, concerned about claustrophobia and convinced sitting underneath someone else would be worse, not better, than the current airplane economy set-up.

"I grow more from listening to the critics and listening to the bad comments, than from listening to the good comments and the flowers that they throw me," says Núñez Vicente, speaking to CNN Travel in Hamburg, Germany, where he's showcasing his design at the 2022 Aircraft Interiors Expo (AIX).
His design is for the everyday traveler, so Núñez Vicente says he's keen to hear what would-be fliers have to say, positive or negative.

"My purpose here is to change the economy class seats for the better of humanity, or for all the people that cannot afford to pay for more expensive tickets," he says.

more
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/chaise-longue-double-decker-airplane-seat/index.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Airlines really don't want my business, do they?

Online cato potatoe

Just in case you wanted to pay $1,200 to smell farts for 8 hours.

Offline mountaineer

I've flown a "budget" airline to Europe. The regular coach seats are uncomfortable enough, thank you very much.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I can't even wrap my mind around this.   **nononono*

On the plus side, this lower seat might replace waterboarding.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 09:20:54 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline mountaineer

The passenger can't even hold a book or magazine in front of her face.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The last time I was on a commercial jet was 1984.

I don't expect to ever set foot onto one again.

Online roamer_1

Just in case you wanted to pay $1,200 to smell farts for 8 hours.

ROTFLMAO!!

That was my first observation too...

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
ROTFLMAO!!

That was my first observation too...
That, and nervous stomachs and lower GI tracts are NOT going to make it to the restroom...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

That, and nervous stomachs and lower GI tracts are NOT going to make it to the restroom...

Ain't it ridiculous? Whoever engineered that mess ain't no engineer. No worries. Ain't been on a jet in 20 years and have no plan to ever again. That was over not being able to carry my Schrade Papa Bear folding knife or my Western ranch style pen knife onboard. Wouldn't put up with that. They don't need my business.

Evidently there's been a lot more to put up with since then. They can pound sand.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Not for the claustrophobic, eh? And what if someone in the middle needs to use the head?

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
How are you supposed to get up and move so you don’t get blood clots?

And what do you do if you’re so big you need two seats?

I’m glad I haven’t been on an airplane since 2004.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline PeteS in CA

Not for the claustrophobic, eh? ,,,

My first though on seeing the pic was that it'd be a claustrophobics' delight.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online cato potatoe

You haven't missed anything. 

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
How are you supposed to get up and move so you don’t get blood clots?

And what do you do if you’re so big you need two seats?

It's been over ten years for me and I don't miss the airport hassle or being stuck in a tube with inconsiderate louts one damn bit!