Author Topic: Roberts’ Refusal To Release Dobbs Opinion Is Jeopardizing The Lives Of His Colleagues  (Read 418 times)

Offline Kamaji

John Roberts’ Refusal To Release Dobbs Opinion Is Jeopardizing The Lives Of His Colleagues

Roberts’ refusal to issue the Dobbs decision has opened the floodgates for a bevy of continued threats and acts of violence against sitting members of the court from left-wing anarchists.

BY: SHAWN FLEETWOOD
JUNE 14, 2022

Since the infamous leak of the U.S. Supreme Court (SCOTUS) draft majority opinion in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization last month, Americans have waited with bated breath for the high court to issue its verdict on the constitutionality of the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision, which federally legalized abortion in the United States.

Despite high expectations that the court would release its final Dobbs opinion—which is expected to deem Roe unconstitutional—on Monday SCOTUS instead issued a series of less contentious opinions, once again leaving millions of Americans in limbo. The high court is set to release more legal opinions on Wednesday, with notable cases pertaining to gun rights, school choice, and the regulatory power of the Environmental Protection Agency also awaiting publication.

While the leaked Dobbs majority draft opinion striking down federally legalized abortion has generated enthusiasm from pro-life activists, the prospect of SCOTUS overturning Roe has pushed an already unhinged left to the breaking point. Since the draft’s publication in Politico, leftists have repeatedly shown up in droves at the homes of the Republican-appointed members of the court in order to harass and intimidate the justices into keeping Roe in place.

Last month, the left-wing activist group Shut Down D.C. organized a demonstration outside of Justice Samuel Alito’s Virginia home “because it’s been impossible to reach him at the Supreme Court,” with participants shouting phrases such as “our bodies, our voice!” and “Alito is a coward.” Threatening demonstrations have also taken place at the Virginia home of Justice Amy Coney Barrett, with the radical pro-abortion group Ruth Sent Us recently encouraging its supporters to target Barrett’s home, children, and church.

According to prior reporting, Roberts plans to oppose the overturning of Roe alongside the court’s Democrat appointees, with the chief justice allegedly attempting to sway Justices Barrett and Kavanaugh to join him.

Rather than releasing the Dobbs opinion as soon as possible, Roberts appears to be withholding the decision until the end of the court’s term, which would mean the ultimate fate of Roe wouldn’t be publicly known until late June or early July. If this is the case, such irresponsible and feckless decision-making indicates that Roberts is seemingly fine with the ongoing threats against his colleagues, some of whom (like Barrett and Kavanaugh) are parents of young children.

Just as his caving to public pressure on the court’s 2012 Obamacare case gave Democrats license to harass and bully SCOTUS, Roberts’ refusal to issue the Dobbs decision has opened the floodgates for a bevy of continued threats and acts of violence against sitting members of the court from left-wing anarchists until the opinion is released. If Roberts truly cared about the institution of the high court and the safety of his fellow justices, he would quit whatever political game he’s playing and release the opinion that could end the trigger for these threats to the justices and save millions of innocent babies across the country.

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2022/06/14/john-roberts-refusal-to-release-dobbs-opinion-is-jeopardizing-the-lives-of-his-colleagues/

Online mountaineer

He probably should have issued the ruling already. However, I can see that releasing now might put the rest of the term at risk, given the left's well-organized plans for violence (see the thread about deploying the National Guard). Whenever it is released, the justices and their families better be in a very secure location (not the lefties, of course - they're safe). Barrett, Kavanaugh, et al., might want to consider packing up their valuables, because those nuts are going to try to burn down their houses.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

He probably should have issued the ruling already. However, I can see that releasing now might put the rest of the term at risk, given the left's well-organized plans for violence (see the thread about deploying the National Guard). Whenever it is released, the justices and their families better be in a very secure location (not the lefties, of course - they're safe). Barrett, Kavanaugh, et al., might want to consider packing up their valuables, because those nuts are going to try to burn down their houses.

That is a possibility.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Roberts is feverishly behind the scenes attempting to influence the majority votes not to overturn "For the good of the country"
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Roberts is feverishly behind the scenes attempting to influence the majority votes not to overturn "For the good of the country"

And he's willing to let a Justice die so he can have the 4-4 split in the SCOTUS. 

It's interesting he's pressuring the two justices that are experiencing the most danger.  He has a strategy.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 03:03:32 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline cato potatoe

We are stuck with Roberts as chief until he retires or is impeached.  But I would hope the other justices have the courage to issue a public rebuke if this delay is unnecessary.

Offline PeteS in CA

For some reason, I find myself unable to believe that after the Dobbs decision is pronounced, all the Pro-Abortion and miscellaneous Prog thugs will pick up their baseball bats, tuck tail, and head home.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For some reason, I find myself unable to believe that after the Dobbs decision is pronounced, all the Pro-Abortion and miscellaneous Prog thugs will pick up their baseball bats, tuck tail, and head home.

I hope you're correct.  The pro-aborts cannot help themselves and will be on full obnoxious for November.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

We all know they're just looking for an excuse to riot. If the police don't shoot another black man in the midst of committing a felony, a Supreme Court ruling will do.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Maybe SCOTUS will drop a Public Relations dump on the country after 5:00 PM on the Friday, July 1st, of the Independence Day weekend.

That's how the weasels do it.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
And he's willing to let a Justice die so he can have the 4-4 split in the SCOTUS. 

It's interesting he's pressuring the two justices that are experiencing the most danger.  He has a strategy.
Shades of the conveniently timed "unexpected" death of Justice Scalia.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024