Author Topic: Is Famine Coming?  (Read 302 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Is Famine Coming?
« on: June 13, 2022, 01:54:05 pm »
 Is Famine Coming?
Putin’s barbarism has made an already bad situation worldwide so much worse worldwide.
by John Jiang
June 12, 2022, 11:22 PM

The past two years as recorded by the news media have felt like something out of the book of Revelation. First came the pale rider in early 2020, mounted on jetliners and sleeper trains, as coronavirus became a pandemic. His fellow horsemen, red and white, arrived this February when Russian tanks scythed across the length and width of Ukraine.

Time dubbed Putin’s invasion “The Return of History.” And indeed for many in Europe, the moment was a sudden end to the Long Peace that had endured since 1945. The tribulations of yesteryear seemed to be returning.

There is now yet another disaster brewing on the horizon. It is slow-moving and may be weatherable if preparations are made. But action must be taken, and quickly, if the worst is to be averted — for of the Biblical tetrarchy, none have killed as many innocents or toppled as many monarchs as the black horseman, famine.

The Russian invasion of Ukraine, in addition to precipitating the greatest humanitarian disaster in Europe since the 1990s, has also destroyed a huge portion of the world’s agricultural exports in one fell swoop.

As for Russia, Western policymakers could weigh sanctions relief in return for a resumption of food exports, but ultimately anyone outside of the Kremlin has a very limited say on whether anything leaves Ukraine.

Ukraine has long been nicknamed the “breadbasket of Europe.” Together with Russia, it supplies the global food market with a third of its wheat exports, a fifth of its corn, and a whopping 80 percent of its sunflower oil. Ukraine dedicates 57 percent of its land to crops, compared to 17 percent for the U.S.

more
https://spectator.org/is-famine-coming/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Is Famine Coming?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 02:04:43 pm »
Yes.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022, 02:09:11 pm »
Why not? ... Just when I thought it was safe to emerge from my Covid-19 bunker, MONKEY POX!
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2022, 04:14:55 pm »
It ought not matter if it's coming. Just in the natural flow of things, rural folks have somewhere near 3 years of food down in the pantry. Years of plenty provide the surplus. # years of food is enough to overcome most food disasters.

The problem is not the famine.
The problem is readiness.
Folks have become conditioned to rely on the supply chain.
And the supply chain can fail... dramatically.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2022, 08:51:05 pm »
It ought not matter if it's coming. Just in the natural flow of things, rural folks have somewhere near 3 years of food down in the pantry. Years of plenty provide the surplus. # years of food is enough to overcome most food disasters.

The problem is not the famine.
The problem is readiness.
Folks have become conditioned to rely on the supply chain.
And the supply chain can fail... dramatically.
Doggone it! I lost all my extra groceries in a boating accident... :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2022, 08:52:59 pm »
Doggone it! I lost all my extra groceries in a boating accident... :whistle:

First your guns, then your ammunition, now your food!  Geez!  Maybe you should just stay on dry land from now on!

:silly:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2022, 09:00:01 pm »
First your guns, then your ammunition, now your food!  Geez!  Maybe you should just stay on dry land from now on!

:silly:
I'm considering it!!  :laugh:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis